Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage, and Intel® Xeon® Processors
4761 Discussions

S1200BTS no bios options

idata
Employee

New setup and all I'm able to get is the intel splash screen. no options to get into bios. tried bios recovery but unable to get that to work either.

Thanks,

0 Kudos
19 Replies
idata
Employee

Finally got restore to work

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Ahawk

How did you get recovery/restore to work as I'm having the same problem with my S1200BTS.

Was booting up OK but after updating BIOS software now just goes round in circles attempting to reboot every 10 seconds.

Than I did as per Intel instructions put latest BIOS S1200BTS_SUP_EFI_BIOS40.zip software onto USB in directory and moved recovery link on mobo. This did not work- still goeas round in circles.

Help

0 Kudos
Edward_Z_Intel
Employee

Some modifications need to be done to perform the BIOS recovery:

1. Make sure your USB key is formatted in FAT/FAT32 file system.

2. Copy the following files from the BIOS package to the root directory of your USB key:

BML.ROM

iFlash32.efi

R0040Rec.cap

flashScript.nsh

3. Open flashScript.nsh with Notepad and modify the file name in the second last line, so that the file looks like this:

echo Flashing S1200BTS BIOS...

iflash32 -u -ni R0040Rec.cap

echo -on

4, Rename flashScript.nsh to startup.nsh

5. Follow the BIOS RECOVERY INSTRUCTIONS in ReleaseNotes_BIOS_02.00.0040.txt.

After the recovery, perform a full BIOS update again so that the ME firmware is also updated.

Good luck!

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Edward

Did all you said and no luck-

Checked FAT32 format.

Just had files as per your instruction with iflash32 -u -ni R0040Rec.cap modified.

When powering up doesn't look like it goes anywhere near the USB.

Tried rear USB just in case cable to front panel is faulty.

Tried recovery link in both position as not really sure from mobo diagram document.

Greg

0 Kudos
Edward_Z_Intel
Employee

The BIOS recovery jumper (J2G1) should be in position 2-3 to perform a BIOS recovery.

Did you see anything on the screen when booting in recovery mode?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Edward

Tried with J2G1 BIOS recovery link across pins 2 & 3 and when powering up nothing appears on the screen ie just black.

Regards

Greg

0 Kudos
Edward_Z_Intel
Employee

You have the USB key with recovery files on it attached right? What's the status of the POST LEDs?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Edward

I have USB key with recovery files plugged in to rear port.

Led code is-

X X X O X O X O (North Bridge PEI Module Starts?) (Led ON=O, Led Off=X)

Does this code for a few seconds then powers off and then powers up again.

Board is fitted with-

CPU=I3 3320T

Memory= Kingston KVR1333D3E9S/8G

Power Supply=Antec Neo 400W

Same code with out HDD plugged in.

Greg

0 Kudos
Edward_Z_Intel
Employee

i3-3220T is not supported on this board... See http://www.intel.com/support/motherboards/server/sb/CS-032414.htm Tested processor list.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Edward

Thanks for the quick reply!

Can I use a G630 as the G620 is no longer available?

Regards

Greg

0 Kudos
Edward_Z_Intel
Employee

I don't know why G630 is not in the list... Looking at the specs I guess it might work, but since it's not validated you'll need to test on your own...

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Sorry to resurrect this thread, but I am having this same problem. I tried the steps here, but I am getting the same LED code as Greg. I have an i3-2100 processor in this system.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

I just tried doing the update from a cd instead, and now the system is hanging with a different LED code. The code now is OOOO OXXO, which I can't even find in the manual.

0 Kudos
Edward_Z_Intel
Employee

Do you have display on screen? How did you update the BIOS? What kind of memory are you using?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

The slash screen blinks up for a second, then the screen goes black. I was trying to do the BIOS recovery in the way you explained earlier in this thread, but it was unsuccessful. The memory is Crucial model ct51272ba1339.m18fd.

0 Kudos
Edward_Z_Intel
Employee

What happened during the BIOS recovery? Did you see anything on the screen?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

I saw the splash screen, briefly. Then nothing, a black screen.

0 Kudos
PLe3
Novice

The USB must be bootable to work

0 Kudos
Edward_Z_Intel
Employee

Has the board ever worked before? Have you tested your CPU and memory on a working system?

0 Kudos