Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage, and Intel® Xeon® Processors
4778 Discussions

S1200BTSR connects cooler but no picture and no beep.

MBirc1
Beginner

First of all I apologize for incorrect English, I'm using google translator. I have a s1200btsr with Xeon processor, it was working normally, suddenly it started to make a strange noise like it had a cable twisted in the cooler.

I try to call it already starts with this noise, as if a cable was catching on the cooler, or a bursting speaker. It has no beep and does not turn on the corner leds.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello MatheusBirck,

I am really sorry on the problems at hand with your system.

If I understand correctly on your S1200BTSR, started with a gridding noise like if something was stuck or hitting the fan. Now the system has no indicator light outside and no image displays.

First, I will like to provide you with some information related to your system, that is EOL.

I will do my best to help you but some of the information will be limit.

Could you please open the cover and see if there is any light activity on the system board or the all or some of the FAN spin when you press the power button.

Also, I will recommend resetting the power supply.

Then remove all memory and try to power on the system and listen for any beeps.

If no beeps or LED on the board then could be possible the power supply or the system board is damage.

If there is anything else we can help please feel free to ask.

Best regards,

Henry A.
0 Kudos
MBirc1
Beginner

Hello, Henry.

Thanks for the help, Saturday I used clean contact, I used a lot and let it dry until the next day, it is working 30 hours without shutting down, but it is without the video card.

I have an ATI Radeon HD4670 1Gb 128Bits, could it be very powerful for the source? For my experience I think not, the server I use for all day use, it does not stop just for server, and without video card, it hangs a lot, already with it, it works extremely fast.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello MatheusBirck,

Thank you for updated information. Then the problem is that the system board will boot up with the ATI Radeon connected.

First, I will recommend checking if the card is working by testing it on another computer.

If the card works I will also recommend ATI for compatibility issue, this because the S1200BTSR is a low power usage board.

Best regards,

Henry A.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello MatheusBirck,

I just wanted to follow up if you had the opportunity to test the video card on another board or if were able to contact ATI for compatibility.

Best regards,

Henry A.
0 Kudos
MBirc1
Beginner

Hello Henry,

I've been researching and the video card I mentioned, needs a 450W source, I took out and put a Geforce 8600gt 512mb, it's working fine so far

Thanks for your help.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello MatheusBirck,

Excellent to hear that, then the problem was the need of power for the ATI and because the GeForce uses less power is working.

Please let me know if I can close the case, or if there is anything else we can help please feel free to ask.

Best regards,

Henry A.
0 Kudos