Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage, and Intel® Xeon® Processors
4761 Discussions

S1200BTSR hangs on poweroff/reboot with Linux

idata
Employee

Hello, I have several S1200KP and S1200KPR boards working flawlessly with Linux. As I wanted more RAM, I built a machine around the S1200BTSR but have had a lot of irritating behavior surrounding UEFI (which I've been able to sort out aside from the poweroff/reboot issue). When trying to reboot or power off, the system will terminate all running processes and I'll see the kernel output its message indicating that it wants to poweroff or reboot but it won't actually happen - the cursor will cease blinking and I'll have to hit reset, hold the power button or cycle the switch on the power supply to un-freeze the system. I've updated to V0041 of the firmware with no effect. Anyone else experiencing this?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
idata
Employee

This morning I reloaded the OS and instead of using UEFI boot I opted for Legacy and the system is able to reboot and poweroff properly. So, this is some variety of UEFI issue. =/

0 Kudos
Edward_Z_Intel
Employee

Which Linux are you running?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

I'm using Debian's testing release (wheezy).

0 Kudos
Edward_Z_Intel
Employee
0 Kudos