Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage, and Intel® Xeon® Processors
4778 Discussions

S1200SP+ xeon E3 CPU questions

NPelov
Beginner

I'm looking to build custom server. I will probably use the S1200SPSR board with E3-1270V6 CPU. I have few questions:

1. Can they boot from NVMe SSD (with NVMe-PCIe adapter)?
  2. Can they work with a standard power supply (no PS AUX connection)?
  3. is AXXRMM4LITE2 the correct RMM module to use remote display/storage?
  4. I'll use 2x16GB SAMSUNG M391A2K43BB1-CTD UDIMM ECC DDR4 2Rx8, 1.2V, (1G x 8) x 18 - is it compatible?
0 Kudos
10 Replies
JoseH_Intel

Hello NPelov,

Thank you for joining the community

1. The S1200SP server board is not capable of using any NVMe devices as bootable

2. The only tested/recommended PSU for this board are the ones listed in the Spare Parts List with numbers:

For Pedestal 460W

-MM#: 915603

-UPC: 00735858219433

-EAN: 5032037016223

For Rack 450W

-MM#: 921471

-UPC: 00735858247962

-EAN: 5032037042840

For Rack 350W

-MM#: 912801

-UPC: 00735858219853

-EAN: 5032037014769

3. AXXRMM4LITE2 is the correct one

4. For a complete list of validated compatible memory modules you want to go to the serverconfigurator.intel.com

Hope if helps

Jose A.

0 Kudos
NPelov
Beginner
  1. Well it seams that these CPUs are a bit hard to find. I'm having a look at Xeon E-2000. I guess that Xeon E (like INTEL Xeon E-2136) won't run on S1200SP board? Are there any other boards that support Xeon E-2000 besides M10JNP2SB?
  2. And does M10JNP2SB have kvm (or SOL) over IP? It's a bit confusing. The data sheet states that the web interface provides a "launch point" to KVM, but I guess the KVM is not built in, is it? while it's not absolutely mandatory it would be nice to have remote KVM or at least serial console over IP.
  3. And one more question about the E-2000 series. I did read somewhere that E2100 target workstations and E2200 target servers. Is that true and what's the primary difference between E2100 and E2200. My target is lowest idle power consumption as the server will be idling 80% of the time.

0 Kudos
JoseH_Intel

Hello NPelov,

1. For full compatibility info of this board family you can check their section at ark.intel.com. Under compatible products go down to processors for the whole processors compatible list. As you correctly state the E-2000 series are not compatible with this particular processor. For full compatibility info for the Xeon E-2000 series processor go to their ark.intel.com section.
  2. This S1200SP family board has a build in baseboard management controller (BMC) which has a remote management console and a preset KVM which requires a not included KVM key. After installing the key you will have both the IP management console and KVM capability
  3. Really don't have such info but you can check the Xeon Processors Technical Resources site.

Hope it helps

Regards

Jose A.

0 Kudos
NPelov
Beginner

2. the question was about M10JNP2SB board - it is in bold.

0 Kudos
SergioS_Intel

Hello NPelov,

We are going to check on your question and get back to you as soon as possible.

Best regards,

Sergio S.

Intel Customer Support Technician

For firmware updates and troubleshooting tips, visit :https://intel.com/support/serverbios

0 Kudos
SergioS_Intel

@Jose_Intel​  The customer sent a new reply. Thank you.

0 Kudos
NPelov
Beginner

I already ordered another brand, which is unfortunate because I preferred Intel. The question still needs answer because I might want to also upgrade my workstation if I'm satisfied with the server test results.

0 Kudos
JoseH_Intel

Hello NPelov,

I apologize for my confusion providing you with information about a different board when you clearly stated it was for the M10JNP2SB board. According to the current documentation the both the Integrated Web Console as well as the KVM feature comes enabled from factory not requiring any additional key like in some other models. For more detailed information please access the BMC web console user guide.

For the complete Technical Library for the M10JNP2SB server board go here

Hope this answer your questions

Regards

Jose A.

0 Kudos
JoseH_Intel

Hello NPelov,

I am just following up to double check if you found the provided information useful. If you have further questions please don't hesitate to ask. If you consider the issue to be completed please let us know so we can proceed to mark this ticket as resolved. This support interaction will be marked as resolved automatically in the next 72 hours if no activity is received.

Regards

Jose A.

0 Kudos
JoseH_Intel

Hello NPelov,

We will proceed to mark this thread as resolved. If you have further issues or questions just go ahead and create a new topic.

Regards

Jose A.

0 Kudos