Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage, and Intel® Xeon® Processors
4784 Discussions

S1200SPL (DBS1200SPL) - Questions about technical specifications

JJoha1
Novice

Hi,

I hope I'm posting my questions in the right location, I am about to purchase a couple of S1200SPL (DBS1200SPL) boards.

Curiously these are the only motherboards on the entire market that fit absolutely every single hardware criterion I have - unfortunately I was unable to find some technical details about this model, I already checked the following pages:

http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/server-products/server-boards/single-socket-server-boards/intel-server-board-s1200sp-family/intel-server-board-s1200spl.html Intel® Server Board S1200SPL

1) Does this motherboard support the Core i3-6100 CPU? I was only able to locate i3-6300T and i3-6320 on the lists but it would be rather strange if the UEFI of a motherboard by the CPU's manufacturer itself would only support select 6th-generation Core i3 CPUs (that are in the same TDP class).

2) Some of the motherboards are to be used in workstation systems that are not running 24/7, does the UEFI support:

a) S3 - Suspend to RAM

b) S4 - Hibernate

c) "Deep Sleep" in S4+S5, also known as "EuP/ErP ready"

3) Since the model seems to be EOL - are there any details about a sucessor that also supports Kaby Lake CPUs?

Thank you very much for your help!

0 Kudos
24 Replies
JJoha1
Novice

I did some further testing with the existing Windows 10 installation:

- Took a 6th generation Skylake Core i3 with HD graphics 530 and the newer driver package https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26941/Graphics-Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-15-46-?product=97129 15.46.02.4729, still no audio device with DisplayPort out.https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26941/Graphics-Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-15-46-?product=97129

- The Skylake i3 properly clocks down to 800 MHz during idle operation so there's propably a BIOS issue regarding Kaby Lake CPUs.

Still hope the mentioned issues can be addressed with a BIOS update.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Johannes,

Thank you for the information provided. I going to pass on the information to engineering. Also I've checked and I am also not getting sound. It looks like the problem could be related that the board doesn't have a sound chip set, even that the Video port is able to transmit the sound as the HDMI does, I am still checking on that.

Best regards,

Henry A.
0 Kudos
JJoha1
Novice

Hello Henry,

I get the basic train of thought but it can easily be dismissed when looking at the devices' Hardware IDs:

For example let's take a board where the Intel iGPU audio is working (Supermicro X11SAE-M):

When connecting an audio-capable display device to its DisplayPort or HDMI out (both supplied by the Intel iGPU) it will be listed as an "Intel Display-Audio" device with a Vendor ID 8086 for Intel. It is true that this board has a separate audio chipset ("High Definition Audio-Gerät" in German with a Vendor ID 10ec for Realtek as exptected), but this audio chipset is only for the X11SAE-M's analogue and optical output. You can disable the Realtek High Definition Audio Device in the Device Manager and still have DisplayPort audio (DENON AVR connected via DisplayPort-HDMI adapter):

0 Kudos
David_A_Intel

Hello JBBG

We are putting all the information together to further assist you with your case. We will get to you as soon as possible.

0 Kudos