I suggest trying a forced ME update first by following these steps:
When the ME Firmware Force Update jumper is moved from its default position, the ME is forced to operate in a reduced minimal operating capacity. This jumper should only be used if the ME firmware has gotten corrupted and requires re-installation. The following procedure should be followed.
Note: System Update and Recovery files are included in thehttp://https//downloadcenter.intel.com/search?keyword=s2400sc System Update Packages (SUP) posted to Intel®'s web site.
- Turn off the system and remove power cords.
- Remove Riser Card Assembly # 2.
- Move the ME FRC UPD Jumper from the default (pins 1 and 2) operating position to the force update position (pins 2 and 3).
- Re-attach system power cords.
- Power on the system.
Note: System Fans will boost and the BIOS Error Manager should report an 83A0 error code (ME in recovery mode).
- Boot to the EFI shell and update the ME firmware using the "MEComplete# .cap" file (where # = ME revision number) using the following command: iflash32 /u /niMEComplete# .cap.
- When update has successfully completed, power off system.
- Remove AC power cords.
- Move ME FRC UPD jumper back to the default position.
Note: If the ME FRC UPD jumper is moved with AC power applied, the ME will not operate properly. The system will need have the AC power cords removed, wait for at least 10 seconds and then reinstalled to ensure proper operation.
- Install the PCI Riser.
- Install the AC power cords.
- Power on the system.
Refer to the following image for Jumper location.
You could get more detailed information at http://www.intel.com/content/dam/support/us/en/documents/motherboards/server/sb-s2400sc/sb/g36516002... http://www.intel.com/content/dam/support/us/en/documents/motherboards/server/sb-s2400sc/sb/g36516002...…
- For safety purposes, the power cord should be disconnected from a system before removing any system components or moving any of the on-board jumper blocks.
- Access to jumper blocks near Riser Slot # 1 is limited, removal of the riser card may be necessary to move these jumpers.
- System Update and Recovery files are included in the System Update Packages (SUP) posted to Intel's web site.
In case Forced ME Update Fails, Please try a Bios Recovery by following steps ohttp://www.intel.com/content/dam/support/us/en/documents/motherboards/server/sb-s2400sc/sb/g36516002... n page 100 of Technical Product Specification (TPS)
As stated on http://www.intel.com/content/dam/support/us/en/documents/motherboards/server/sb-s2400sc/sb/g36516002... page 100(Of Technical Product Specification ME Force Update Jumper section
"System Fans will boost and the BIOS Error Manager should report an 83A0 error code (ME in recovery mode)."
Once Force Update ME Jumper is back to its normal position, 83A0 error code should disappear.
Please let me know if you have any more questions.
Hello JoeMinn ,
Please try updating to System BIOS - 02.06.0005 https://downloadcenter.intel.com/downloads/eula/26294/Intel-Server-Board-S2400SC-Firmware-Update-Pac... Intel® Server Board S2400SC Firmware Update Package for EFI.
Let us know of the outcome.