Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage, and Intel® Xeon® Processors
4778 Discussions

S2400SC no video or POST error beeps

jdbronco
Beginner

Hi,

I'm trying to get a SC2400SC board going with (1) Xeon E5-2470 V2. I have tried three different power supplies and have received different results.

Modern ATX 600 and 750W power supplies power up the board but the status light does not stay green and all of the status lights on the board are amber. Using an older, 350W power supply results in a more normal-looking boot where the ID LED blinks blue several times, goes out and the Status LED stays on green. The standby power light is green with all 3 power supplies. I do not have anything connected to the auxiliary signal power connector.

In all cases no video is output. No POST error beeps occur if I remove the memory. I have not tried removing the processor although I did remove and reinstall it to ensure it was seated properly.

I do not have power connected to the empty CPU as my older power supply does not have two 8-pin connectors. The modern power supplies I tested did power both CPU sockets.

Do I need to break down and buy a SSI EPS 12V power supply with 2 8-pin connectors or is it something else? Thanks for reading.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
JoseH_Intel

Hello jdbronco,

Due to this product being discontinued, Intel Customer Service no longer supports inquiries for it, but perhaps fellow community members have the knowledge to jump in and help. You may also find the Discontinued Products website helpful to address your request. Thank you for understanding.

You can find the available support information in the this site: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/products/61037/server-products/legacy-server-products/intel-server-board-s2400sc-family/intel-server-board-s2400sc2.html

Regards

Jose A.

Intel Customer Support

For firmware updates and troubleshooting tips, visit:

https://intel.com/support/serverbios

0 Kudos