Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage, and Intel® Xeon® Processors
4778 Discussions

S2600CP boot failure

AHans8
Beginner

Hi, hope someone can help on this one.

I have an old server with a S2600CP motherboard in running 2012 R2.

It has been fine until recently when it was rebooted and subsequent to that it doesn't boot and displays the error - "Disk Read Error has occurred. Press CRTL-ALT-DELETE"

Now normally you would think that's a disk error, yeah me too. I removed both disks in the RAID 1 and tested in another server and both came out as good. OK, so as this is a HyperVHost I reinstalled the 2012 R2 OS and got it back up and running without an issue.

Unfortunately a couple of days later it failed again with the same error!!

The board is out of warranty but Intel did help to some extent and after various discussions they suggested that the board was at fault, in particular the onboard SATA/SAS controller.

So from here I replaced the board and cables and guess what, yes back to square one with the error after reboot. I have swapped the hard drive backplane and still have the same issue.

I have had the unit on burn in test so pretty sure the CPU and RAM are OK.

I am now on my third rebuild on 2 different drives in a new RAID 1.

If this fails I am at a loss, there is nothing else I can swap.

Has anyone had this issue specifically with an S2660CP, Server 2012 R2, 2 x SAS drives in a RAID 1.

I am posting this whilst it is rebuilding on the new drives, with the hope I don't have to repost, but any advise would be greatly received.

Thanks in Advance

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Allan_A_Intel

Hello, AHans8,

Due to this product being discontinued, Intel Customer Service no longer supports inquiries for it, but perhaps fellow community members have the knowledge to jump in and help. You may also find the Discontinued Products website helpful to address your request: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/discontinued-products.html

Thank you for understanding. Best regards,

Allan

0 Kudos