Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage, and Intel® Xeon® Processors
4778 Discussions

(S2600CP2) Error code 5220, CMOS/NVRAM cleared on power off

BrentM
Beginner

I'm having trouble with bios settings clearing possibly always when power is removed. I'm not quite sure what is causing this. From my recent testing, bios settings are cleared whenever I remove power. 

The error manager within the bios states two errors, 5220 and 12. 5220 states CMOS/NVRAM configuration cleared. 12 states CMOS Date/Time not set.

When viewing the Event Log from the Integrated BMC Web Console, I have the following associated logs:

POST Err Sensor BIOS POST Progress Error. System RTC date/time not set -Major - Asserted
POST Err Sensor BIOS POST Progress Error. BIOS Settings reset to default settings -Major - Asserted

I have attached a screenshot of the bios for reference and also a copy of the System Debug Log for analysis.

I am using an Intel S2600CP2 motherboard and 2 E5-2650 V2 CPU's. I have replaced the battery also. I am more than happy to provide more information if need.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
JoseH_Intel

Hello BrentM,

Thank you for joining the Intel community

Due to this product being discontinued, Intel Customer Service no longer supports inquiries for it, but perhaps fellow community members have the knowledge to jump in and help. You may also find the Discontinued Products website helpful to address your request. Thank you for understanding.

You can find the available support information in the this site: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/products/56333/server-products/legacy-server-products/intel-server-board-s2600cp-family/intel-server-board-s2600cp2.html

Regards

Jose A.

Intel Customer Support

For firmware updates and troubleshooting tips, visit:

https://intel.com/support/serverbios

0 Kudos
BrentM
Beginner

Thanks for the reply. I'm hoping someone can step in to help.

Regarding the zip log file that I attached, it seems to be password protected. Is this only viewable by Intel techs to view? I was hoping to have a dig through to see if I could potentially discover anything obvious.

0 Kudos