Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage, and Intel® Xeon® Processors
4761 Discussions

S2600CP4 randomly stuck at 0xDB (with the interactive decoder tool)

CLore2
Beginner

Just bought a used M/B, let me describe the behavior

M/B installed, bios update to 2.6.6, bios setup, boot, O/S working perfectly for Hours, everything ok. After 1 or more reboot it stuck in hang with the attached error code (DB) and 6+6 beep, undocumented in any manual downloaded (I found user and service manual). The behaviour is more consistent if the server is switched off for few hours (for example overnight).

The only way to exit from that is resetting Bios via jumper and restart the setup from scratch. I tried: - swapping bios battery - removing 1 CPU and associated memory - swapping Mouse/Keyboard - swapping Memory - Removing any type of additional HW, Pci card etc.

I also tried to downgrade step by step up to Bios 1.6.1 and back to 2.6.7 taking care of the minimal requirements for each release but nothing. When happen, the bios seems corrupted, not reset. I see just the first 3 lines and then hang

Thanks for any help.

0 Kudos
9 Replies
Carlos_V_Intel1
Employee
Hello Claudio, Hope you are fine. In order to better assist you can you share with us the SysInfo logs from the server? This is the link for the files and instructions (https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000023940/server-products/server-boards.html). If you need further assistance in how to pull out the logs please let us know. Thank you. Charlie V. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
CLore2
Beginner

Thank you very much for the support

Attached the log files

Claudio

0 Kudos
CLore2
Beginner

Hi

just to be sure you received the log files.

Thanks

Claudio

0 Kudos
Carlos_V_Intel1
Employee
Hello Claudio, Can you please double check? We have not received the files. Please let me know if you have issues to send the files in order to send you an email. Charlie V. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Carlos_V_Intel1
Employee
Hello Claudio, We have not received the files. Please let me know if you have issues to send the files in order to send you an email. Charlie V. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
CLore2
Beginner
Hi Charlie Yes, i have problems sending files. Could you please let me know how to proceed? Thanks Claudio
0 Kudos
Carlos_V_Intel1
Employee
Hello Claudio, We are going to contact you privately. Charlie V. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
KJone9
Beginner

Did you get any feedback?

I have a customer's server that started with the exact same problem roughly a month ago.

In addition to your troubleshooting steps I have added a dedicated GPU and also tried a replacement PSU.

After clearing the CMOS I can reboot or shutdown the server once. The next reboot or shutdown thereafter will cause the 6 + 6 beeps and the hang.

0 Kudos
Carlos_V_Intel1
Employee
Hello Kerry, In order to better assist you please open a new thread with us explaining the issue that you are having and the system information and configuration that you have. We will be more than glad to open a case for you. Regards, Charlie V. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos