Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage, and Intel® Xeon® Processors
4761 Discussions

S2600CP401does not recognize the HDD in the order boot section

CAnel
Beginner

Hello,

I have an old motherboard S2600CP401, OEM 10 Pack, P/N E99552-561

BIOS American Megatrends 4.6.3.2 RMLSDP .86I .R2 .02 .D528

In the bios I can see the HDD, in the SATA configuration, in the HDD security confuguration, but I can not see them in the boot configuration

Try to update the bios, I do not know if it solved the problem, but I still get the error

"the file in the update package is incompatible with the target"

I deal with the latest version 02.06.0006, and other 02.01.00002 - 01.02.0003 with the same result

Any Help???

0 Kudos
21 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello Carlos75,

In order to better assist you can we have the PBA number from the board?

Bear in mind that this server board is discontinued so we do not support it, but, I will do my best to help you.

Best regards.

Charlie_Intel

0 Kudos
CAnel
Beginner

Hello Charlie, thanks for answering, the correct number of PBA is E99552-560, I could start with an HD with W10 (EFI) preinstalled, in the bios the Windows Boot Manager appeared.

I also have some stability problems,

In some occasions the motherboard does not start, if I put some pen drive it stops responding to the keyboard or it just freezes and I have to reset

On other occasions, W10 starts but works slowly.

I could never do an OS installation in the system, just doing it on another computer and passing the HD, the installations give me error

I would like to try some bios update to see if it solves this problem, my bios is rmlsdp .86i .r2.02.d528 (7/17/2012)

Regards

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Carlos75,

Do you have the board mounted on an Intel chassis?

Is this set with a backplane and a hot-swap HDD configuration?

Best regards,

Charlie_Intel
0 Kudos
CAnel
Beginner

Hi, no chasis, no backplane, the only ssd is mounted on the 6gbs sata port

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Carlos75,

What is the model of the disk?

Is it equals or more than 2 TB capacity?

Best regards,

Charlie_Intel
0 Kudos
CAnel
Beginner

I use several HDD and SSD, at least 5, in all the installation of the OS fails

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Carlos75 ,

There is no problem, you can use 5 HDD or use SSD, but, you told us that you were using a single SSD with no chassis, no backplane only 1 SSD attached to the 6 gbs SATA port.

So, my question is, what is the capacity of the SSD?

The screenshot is showing the model but, we need to be sure if the SSD is more than 2TB capacity in order for you to follow some troubleshooting steps.

Best Regards,

Charlie_Intel
0 Kudos
CAnel
Beginner

Use ssd 60 gb, ssd 80 gb, ssd 240 gb, hdd 500 gb, always one at the port sata 6gbs. Never all together

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Carlos75,

Do you have installed the latest BIOS firmware?

If you do not, please try to run it using EFI shell with this https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/27786/?product=56334 link.

Try to use GPT in the installation and change the BIOS from Legacy to UEFI, please check the following informationhttps://www.intel.com/content/dam/support/us/en/documents/motherboards/server/sb/gpt_white_paper_1_1.pdf pdf.

Are you able to test the SSD in the other SATA ports?

Please try the previously mention and let us know how it goes.

Best Regards,

Charlie_Intel

0 Kudos
CAnel
Beginner

Try to update the bios, but I still get the error "the file in the update package is incompatible with the target" I deal with the latest version 02.06.0006, and other 02.01.00002 - 01.02.0003 with the same result, mi bios is .86i .r2.02.d528 (see the photos of the first post)

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Carlos75,

I understand, let me do a research about it and we will contact you back.

Remember that this product is discontinued so, we do not have the parts to test.

But, I will do my best to find some information.

Best Regards,

Charlie_Intel
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Carlos75 ,

We apologize for the delay, can you confirm the OS that you are trying to install?

Are you using a USB stick to install the OS?

What is the exact error that shows when you install the OS?

Best regards,

Charlie_Intel

0 Kudos
CAnel
Beginner

Try with many OS (USB stick), w7, w10, w2k16, the error occurs when the installation makes the first reboot, it takes a long time and finally says that an error has occurred and the installation can not continue, that it should start again with the installation

This does not worry me, solve it by doing the first part of the installation on another PC and then pass the SSD to the mother s2600cp, there works quite well, just notice that when entering the bios, even without making any changes, the OS started to run slow and unstable.

I also notice that when connecting a USB stick, sometimes the keyboard stops working and sometimes it locks up and I have to reset it, this is without starting the OS.

The important question is if there is any firmware updated for my mother?

Thank you

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Carlos75,

Ok, I was researching about it and I realized that your board has a BIOS difference between the ones that we use to troubleshoot and it is because is OEM, that is the reason why you were not able to update with our files.

You need to contact the OEM support or page in order to find the correct BIOS update for your board.

Best regards,

Charlie_Intel

0 Kudos
CAnel
Beginner

Thanks, how can I contact OEM support, can you provide me with a link? mail?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Carlos75,

Can you please provide the PBA or serial number of the Mother Board? We will try to find the info with that.

Regards,

Jeremiah A.

Intel(R) Technical Support
0 Kudos
CAnel
Beginner

SN: qscp21903807

PBA: E99552-560

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Carlos75,

Thank you for the information.

I will look into this and get back to you as soon as possible with new information.

Regards,

Jeremiah A.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Carlos75,

Thank you for the information.

I will look into this and get back to you as soon as possible with new information.

Regards,

Jeremiah A.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Carlos75,

I was not able to find information with the SN and PBA you sent us.

At this point is difficult to figure out from where to download the BIOS. On the board there should be marks that can help to identify the OEM.

Regards,

Jeremiah A.

0 Kudos