Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage, and Intel® Xeon® Processors
4784 Discussions

S2600CW server board not detecting M.2 SSD

HNik
Beginner

Hello All,

I am building a WS using the S2600CW and don't intend to use it as a server.

I have a dual E5-2660 v3 setup with 64 Gig RAM and a Quadro M4000. I plan to use a Samsung SM951 M.2 SSD as the main hard drive and installing Windows 10.

The M.2 SSD does not show up on the BIOS (Mas Storage Controller Configuration - SATA Port 0-5) and Windows installer (over USB) does not detect it either.

I believe I have the latest BIOS:

SE5C610.86B.01.01.0016

03/31/2016

BMC version: 1.43.9685

ME version: 03.01.03.021

Board part number: H12881-261

I know the M.2 port and SATA4 cannot be used at the same time and I have nothing connected to any of the SATA ports except the M.2 SSD.

Can someone please help me with the settings that would enable me to use M.2 SSD?

Also, there is a very long delay (~50 seconds) before each start up of the system where the fans and LEDs are on but I see no activity on the display. Why is that?

I really appreciate your help in advance.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello,

How do you have configured the AHCI capable SATA controller? As RAID or AHCI?
0 Kudos
HNik
Beginner

Hi There,

I checked it out and the SM951 is a PCIe, but the M.2 port on the board only accepts SATA and PCIe is not supported.

But to answer your question, I had tried it with both RAID selections, enhanced and AHCI and none of them worked. I've installed the OS in UEFI configuration.

Do you have any idea about the big delay before BIOS load?

Thanks ...

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello,

The 30 seconds delay will happen every time you power cycle the system. That time is what the BMC (Baseboard Management Controller) takes to initialize. During a reboot you should not experience anny kind of delay.
0 Kudos