Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage, and Intel® Xeon® Processors
4761 Discussions

S2600CW2R怎样以UEFI启动Windows 7 64bit ?

RLu1
Beginner

CPU是 E5-2683 v3,显卡是 GTX 1070,主板的BIOS设置里,UEFI选项下有Vedio BIOS的设置选项,设置成 Legacy,还是不能启动 Windows 7 64bit,

0 Kudos
12 Replies
HQiu1
Novice

壕,你还是用英文提问,你用中文,他们看不懂。话说 都装win10企业版 干嘛还转回win7,同win10 企业版 64bit ,系统一直没事。

idata
Employee

Hello Ricardo,

Regarding your question, "How to UEFI boot or start for Windows 7 – 64bit on a S2600CW2R.".

First, please ensure your board is running the latest BIOS, this can be download from https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26692/Intel-Server-Board-S2600CW-Firmware-Update-Package-for-EFI?product=88278 BIOS Update.

Also, the UEFI normally will be use for Hard Disk partition 2 TB or greater, or your can read more from the http://whatis.techtarget.com/definition/Unified-Extensible-Firmware-Interface-UEFI web.

Windows installation:
  • Upgrade to latest BIOS. ...
  • Configure the computer for UEFI. ...
  • Insert Windows 7 SP1 X64 DVD. ...
  • Press F12 to choose to boot from the DVD and choose the UEFI boot option for the DVD.
  • Follow prompts to install Windows 7 just like any other install.
Or you can use link for windows 7 UEFI https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/askcore/2011/05/31/installing-windows-7-on-uefi-based-computer/ installation.

If there is anything else we can help please feel free to ask.

Best regards,

Henry A.
idata
Employee

Hello Ricardo,

Thank you for the information, but I am afraid we don't understand ( I hope is the correct one), Chinese. Can you please send your question or information in English?

Best regards,

Henry A.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Ricardo,

Thank you for the information, but I am afraid we don't understand ( I hope is the correct one), Chinese. Can you please send your question or information in English?

Best regards,

Henry A.
0 Kudos
GRIFFCOMM
New Contributor I

I'll post here as ive done ALOT of Windows 7 and UEFI booting.

Your asking about Windows 7 and UEFI, however your screen shot shows WIndows 10????

Also when you are in UEFI mode you cant have 2 disks which are bootable, ive had issues with this as well.

You can get WIndows 7 to run in UEFI mode, however Video will not and generally hangs before you get to the hard drive screen to install, ive had major issues with WIndows 7 and UEFI, to the point i generally run it in Legacy mode. If your plan is to install Windows 7 then upgrade to 10 then you would be better installing Windows 10 directly.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello GRIFFCOMM,

Thank you for the information, but yes you are correct on windows 7 gives probles on Video. Best option will be to use Legacy and or to just install Windows 10 directly.

Best regards,

Henry A.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Ricardo,

I will like to follow up on your questions. If there is anything else we can help or if we can close the case, please feel free to ask.Best regards,

Henry A.
0 Kudos
RLu1
Beginner

非常感谢大家的回复,但是也许你们不理解这块主板,作为一个玩家,我可能一开始就选错了主板,主板有两个SATA接口,一个M.2接口,但是插上一个M.2接口的SSD(SATA),就会有一个SATA接口失效,啊(娇喘)~,没事的我能接受,但是这个M.2的螺丝拧不动,是什么情况?UEFI是个好的技术,我想要多系统啊,我还不喜欢win10啊,喜欢win7啊,我也只是想用UEFI启动多系统win7+Ubuntu+OS X什么的,但是我真的是选错了主板,显卡可以输出声音,但是显卡不能连接Micphone,主板支持IPMI哦~挺不错,但是没有大概140人民币的一个RMM4 Lite的小东西就没办法远程图像,啊~简单的说按F12不如说进入Boot Menu来的准确,因为这个板子F2是setup ,F6 boot menu,F12是PXE Network Boot。F12是Dell的Boot Menu,你们会不会为了一个无所谓的问题去体验一下这块主板,如果不会的话,会不会有别的购买的这块主板的用户来问这样的问题,给一块服务主板UEFI装win7这种家用系统真是太扯淡了吧?我做个小小的猜想,这块主板的BIOS是如此,没有CSM,不支持UEFI启动win7 64位(UEFI模式win server 2008 R2也不能启动),那!Intel同时期推出的其他主板会不会也是这样呢?再猜一下,之后更晚推出的主板会不会~~一切好像没什么错,大家也无须纠结,毕竟主板在我这,我打算出手这块主板,我想脱坑,我也只能写些中文,因为我说的英语我自己都不懂,you know?

0 Kudos
GRIFFCOMM
New Contributor I

I bullet pointed the answers.

M.2 SCREW

This would be a problem, if its "stuck" in place.

UEFI BOOT

Ive had issues getting Multi systems booting on any motherboard, even when selecting which one to boot from, it always goes for the one it wants, its the same problem from the late 80's and early 90's all over again on how to get systems to boot that you want, generally you would only have 1 system in place (multiboot in UEFI has always had problems i have found).

Windows 7 / 2008R2

Yes, ive had MAJOR issues with both of these OS on UEFI boot systems, ive had to put them in to LEGACY mode, however this "normally" works for 2008R2 but was very hit / miss for Windows 7 (normally never worked), you may also have a USB3 driver issue (Windows 7 media does not have ANY drivers for USB3 so even if you do get the loader to try and install it may halt / fail as it cant find any keyboard or mouse (and freeze).

idata
Employee

Hello http:// https://communities.intel.com qq1683715827,

Were you able to follow (((GRIFFCOMM´s recommendations?

Regarding the M.2 screw, if it is stuck in place, you could try as a last resort using pliers or a pincer and gently try to remove the Stuck screw from the motherboard in order to replace it.

Please let us know if you have any more questions.

Best regards,

Caesar B.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Ricardo,

I will like to follow up on your questions. Were you able to follow (((GRIFFCOMM´s recommendations? Regarding the M.2 screw, if it is stuck in place, you could try as a last resort using pliers or a pincer and gently try to remove the Stuck screw from the motherboard in order to replace it. If there is anything else we can help or if we can close the case, please feel free to ask.Best regards,

Henry A.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Ricardo,

I will like to follow up on your questions. Were you able to follow (((GRIFFCOMM´s recommendations? Regarding the M.2 screw, if it is stuck in place, you could try as a last resort using pliers or a pincer and gently try to remove the Stuck screw from the motherboard in order to replace it. I am closing the information If there is anything else we can help or if we can close the case, please feel free to ask.Best regards,

Henry A.
0 Kudos