Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage, and Intel® Xeon® Processors
4761 Discussions

S2600CW2SR Cannot Access RAID BIOS

suser1
Beginner

Hi,

I have a S2600CW2SR Intel motherboard with the latest EFI Firmware Package Installed (1.01.0022;1.50.10802 (Latest)) . I also have the latest iMR 3008 ROC Hardware RAID Firmware Flash Update installed (Version: 24.21.0-0012 (Latest)). For some reason I cannot access the RAID BIOS during boot. I have tried pressing CTRL+G, CTRL+R, CTRL+I during the boot process but the RAID BIOS does not come up. When the server boots it shows POST codes at the bottom of the screen and then for a long while it only shows a black screen with an underscore ( _ ) at the top of the screen. There is no text telling me when I should press any keys for the RAID BIOS. After the black screen with the underscore I get the normal BIOS menu options (F2 to enter BIOS, F6 for boot options etc.) I have disabled silent boot but it only takes away the Intel Logo and presents me with the black screen with the underscore.

I have attached a video of the server booting (BMC) The period where it says no signal is during the POST.

I have tried pressing the shortcut keys via BMC and via a physically attached keyboard without success.

Any assistance would be appreciated in helping me get to the RAID BIOS.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
idata
Employee

Hello Some User,

In order to better assist you with your problem, can you please let us know, how many hard drives do you have connected to your system?

Did you check if the system is detecting the drives?

As first troubleshooting steps, please access the system BIOS, select boot options, then enable the legacy configuration and save the changes.

Once the legacy option is enabled, follow the steps of page 28 of the https://www.intel.com/content/dam/support/us/en/documents/server-products/raid-products/SWUG_full_featured_entry_RAID.pdf Intel® RAID Software User Guide

Best regards,

Sergio S.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello Some User,

In order to better assist you with your problem, can you please let us know, how many hard drives do you have connected to your system?

Did you check if the system is detecting the drives?

As first troubleshooting steps, please access the system BIOS, select boot options, then enable the legacy configuration and save the changes.

Once the legacy option is enabled, follow the steps of page 28 of the https://www.intel.com/content/dam/support/us/en/documents/server-products/raid-products/SWUG_full_featured_entry_RAID.pdf Intel® RAID Software User Guide

Best regards,

Sergio S.

suser1
Beginner

Hi Sergio,

Thanks for the reply.

I currently only have 1 drive configured and I can access the drive, I wanted to confirm the JBOD and write cache status.

I have managed to access the RAID BIOS when I changed the boot options to legacy. Not sure if it should only work when legacy booting?

I have confirmed the settings and I had to change back to EUFI to boot from the PCI SSD.

Thank you for your assistance.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello, Some user,

The RAID BIOS will be available in legacy mode only. In case you have any more questions, please check the https://www.intel.com/content/dam/support/us/en/documents/server-products/raid-products/ESRT2_Software_UG.pdf Intel Embedded Server RAID Technology 2 (ESRT2) guide.

Best regards,

Sergio S.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Some user,

We are following up your question and we would like to know if need further assistance, in case you need more help please contact us back

Best regards,

Sergio S.
0 Kudos
suser1
Beginner

Hi,

Thank you for the assistance, I have managed to come right by changing the boot mode to legacy, after the change I was easily able to access the RAID console. You may close the ticket/thread.

Regards

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Some user,

We are glad to hear that you were able to solve your problem, please feel free to contact us back in case you need more help.

Best regards,

Sergio S.
0 Kudos