Hello all -
I bought an S2600GZ motherboard a few weeks ago, and while it has failed, I have reinstalled the replacement Intel sent to me. The board does power on, and I am able to get a solid green LED after the fan in the PSU spins up, which is farther than I got with the previous (broken) board. The problem arises when I try to power on the system (crossing the power button and ground jumpers), as the indicator LED goes to solid amber, and the speaker beeps approximately twice per second. No video is shown either through the onboard VGA or through an external GPU. I don't have any fans currently plugged in, as I'm testing the system with passive cooling only. The system is not installed in a server chassis, thus no chassis intrusion header/chassis fans are plugged in. System specs posted below. I am able to unplug the system and get to this step again. Any help?
CPUs - 2x Xeon E5-2670
RAM - 4x 8GB Samsung ECC (on verified list)
GPU - EVGA GT 210
SSD - 1x Intel 120GB (Ubuntu server installed)
PSU - 750w Intel server
Thank you for contacting Intel Customer Support.
Does the system reach the POST?
Based in the information you provided, I would recommend to try basic configuration with only one processor and one memory module. It would be great to know what the beep code is, if there is any pattern.
I'm unsure how to determine whether the system is POST-ing or not, as there is no video out. Note that this is not when the power button is pressed, but rather when the system is powered on. Below is a list of what I have tried and results:
- 2 CPUs installed, no RAM - solid green light when powering on
- 2 CPUs installed, 1 DIMM - solid green light when powering on
- CPU 1 installed, no RAM - solid green light when powering on
- CPU 1 installed, 1 DIMM - solid green light when powering on
Thank you for sharing those results.
It seems this is more a display problem. I would like to recommend the following:
- Try a different cable or monitor that does not use pin 12 for any purpose.
- Pin-out information is also documented in the http://www.intel.com/content/dam/support/us/en/documents/motherboards/server/sb/s2600gzgl_tps_r2_4.p... Technical Product Specification for Intel® Server Board S2600GZ, Front Panel Video Connector Pin-out, page 87, table 39.
Thanks for the help, although I'm not really seeing any progress. I am not sure how to get a video signal from the front panel, as I do not have an adapter for that purpose. Below are more testing results:
- 1 CPU, 1 DIMM, GPU -> HDMI -> TV = no signal, solid green light
- 1 CPU, 1 DIMM, GPU -> VGA -> Monitor = same as above
- 1 CPU, 1 DIMM, GPU -> DVI -> VGA -> Monitor = same as above
- 1 CPU, 1 DIMM, Integrated -> VGA -> TV = same as above
Thank you for those details.
For further assistance on your inquiry please contact our support directly:
http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/contact-support.html# @14 Intel® Servers Support
You will receive an email with a case number as reference for your situation.
faugub_intel # iwork4intel