Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage, and Intel® Xeon® Processors
4778 Discussions

S2600GZ + nVidia Quadro M2000

АЩерб
Beginner

Hello.

We use S2600GZ server board with latest BIOS update (R02.06.0006), 2 x Xeon(R) CPU E5-2630L, 28G RAM, PBA G15038-350 two cards and nVidia Quadro M2000.

With BIOS version 01.02.0006 this configuration works fine. But after BIOS update to 02.06.0006 - system not starting. System show only first screen with BIOS information in cycle (without Intel logo).

When we remove nVidia - system works fine. We have change memory mapping in BIOS ( ) with different values but this don't solved our problem.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
idata
Employee

Hi FenixVT,

Thank you for using Intel® Community Support.

The latest BIOS of Intel® Server Board S2600GZ is not recognizing properly the nVidia* Quadro M2000 graphics card.

Fenix, I understand the previous BIOS version 01.02.0006 recognized properly the graphics card.

As a workaround please, clear CMOS, unplug the power cable, remove the battery and push the power button 3 to 5 times.

Reseat the battery, plug the USB drive with the latest BIOS https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26962/Intel-Server-Board-S2600GZ-GL-Firmware-Update-Package-for-Extensible-Firmware-Interface-EFI-?product=56253 version 02.06.0006. After the update, get into the BIOS, reset it pressing F9 then, press F10.

Get into the BIOS again, 1) disable NIC controllers (Main screen>Advanced>PCI Configuration>NIC Configuration) 2) Disable Dual Monitor Video.

Save changes, turn the system off and place the external graphics card. Please tell me if the system can post or boot.

Regards,

Miguel C
0 Kudos
АЩерб
Beginner

Hi Miguel,

Thank you for answer!

We using integrated Ethernet port and can disable it only temporary. Also we have Dual Port Intel® 82599EB 10GbE I/O Module AXX10GBNIAIOM with 10G link.

Where we can disable Dual Monitor Video?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi FenixVT,

Thank you for using Intel® Community Support.

The latest BIOS of Intel® Server Board S2600GZ is not recognizing properly the nVidia* Quadro M2000 graphics card.

FenixVT, the video options are available using the following:

"Main screen>Advanced>PCI Configuration"

PCI Configuration menu gives the options to change Memory options, Legacy VGA Socket and Dual Monitor Video.

Keep the Memory options as default, make a test using Dual Monitor "enable then disable"

Regards,

Miguel C
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi FenixVT,

I was wondering if you have solved the external graphics issue, feel free to post again if you need anything else.

Regards,

Miguel C
0 Kudos