Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage, and Intel® Xeon® Processors
4761 Discussions

S2600IP4 adding Nvidia GPU

DTart
Beginner

Hi,

I would like to mount another GPU (Nvidia GTX 970) and I was wondering to know in advance which GPUs are supported by this server.

I plugged already a Nvidia GTX 970 but no output is shown (neither the boot sequence textual information), is there any setting to be changed?

many thanks,

Daniele

0 Kudos
1 Solution
idata
Employee

Hello,

The issue you are experiencing is a compatibility problem with the card since there is no setting on the BIOS to make it work.

Here is the list of validated GPGPU's:

Tesla M2070

Tesla C2075

Tesla C1060

Tesla C1070

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello,

The issue you are experiencing is a compatibility problem with the card since there is no setting on the BIOS to make it work.

Here is the list of validated GPGPU's:

Tesla M2070

Tesla C2075

Tesla C1060

Tesla C1070

0 Kudos
DTart
Beginner

Hi,

It is interesting to notice that an Intel server that can be used both as Workstation and Server doesn't have a linux driver for the onboard GPU and that no other Nvidia video GPU is "validated" to be used.

For any other user that be interested, the Nvidia GTX 970 works for sure if mounted on slot1 connected to CPU1 and in the Bios the on board GPU is disabled.

Many thanks

Daniele

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Daniele,

We appreciate the feedback provided and would like to inform you that the PCI Express* slot is built based on industry standards so there is a 50% chance that non validated cards will work fine (plug &play) on the board.
0 Kudos