Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage, and Intel® Xeon® Processors
4784 Discussions

S2600STBR NIC Configuration

john117
Beginner

Fresh build for a new server tower, while in the BIOS there is nothing in the NIC Configuration the screen is blank. Does this mean the board needs a NIC specific firmware update or that the board is bad since it cannot see the onboard card?

Specs

S2600STBR mobo

Xeon 4208 2nd Gen Processor

64 GB RAM

RS3DC080 Intel RAID Controller

RMM4 Module

Current Board Firmware version BIOSR02010013

Thank you

0 Kudos
7 Replies
JoseH_Intel

Hello john117,

Thank you for joining the Intel community

We have seen this issue on a different board. You can take a look at the thread to check if the description matches your issue.

S2600CW NIC Configuration BIOS page blank - Page 2 - Intel Community

Besides that could you tell if you have updated the BIOS to the latest? What chassis is it installed on?

I will look forward for your feedback

Regards

Jose A.

Intel Customer Support Technician

For firmware updates and troubleshooting tips, visit:

https://intel.com/support/serverbios

0 Kudos
john117
Beginner

Yes I've updated to the most recent BIOs

version S2600STR_EFI_BIOSR02010013_ME04.01.04.423_BMC2.48.ce3e3bd2_FRUSDR1.80. The chassis model is P4304XXMUXX.

I had to reach out to technical support and talked with a rep their who directed me to an NVM update here but after trying to execute this it stated "Device not found". This leads me to believe that there is not a NIC present on the board.

0 Kudos
john117
Beginner

Hello JoseH,

Yes the thread does match my issue. I have updated to the most recent version of the BIOS S2600STR_EFI_BIOSR02010013_ME04.01.04.423_BMC2.48.ce3e3bd2_FRUSDR1.80.

I had to reach out to technical support due to a time constraint I am under and was directed to a NVM update here . After trying to execute though it stated "Device not present" this leads to me to believe that there is not a NIC on this board.

0 Kudos
Airbyte
Novice

Hi,

Sorry to jump in here..

I'm always so curious why the question about the "chassis" - I understand the chassis Intel sells has a pdu in it, but how does the metal box I put the equipment in affect the NIC in this case? I'm genuinely curious to hear the answer.

JoseH_Intel

Hello john117,

Thanks you for your feedback. Based on your description it is possible to have an actual hardware failure on this board and it might require a warranty replacement. It is not possible to generate any warranty order since we need sensitive information like the SN. So the best option is to contact support directly and request for a warranty replacement based on your issue and the troubleshooting steps followed. Contact Intel Support

North America Customer Support Center

Phone Number:  (916) 377-7000

Business Hours
Monday - Friday
7:00 AM to 5:00 PM (Pacific Time)

Regards

Jose A.

0 Kudos
john117
Beginner

We have sent in the board for an RMA due to hardware failure. 

Thank you for your help in the matter.

0 Kudos
JoseH_Intel

Hello john117,

Thank you for the update. We will proceed to mark this thread as closed. If you have further issues or questions just go ahead and submit a new topic.

Regards

Jose A.

0 Kudos