Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage, and Intel® Xeon® Processors
4778 Discussions

S2600WF BIOS restore via SPI Programmer

Moo3
Beginner

Hello all,

I've a mother board that coudn't start. I suspect that BIOSis is corrupt. BIOS restore dosn't work. The quesiton is how I can repair it via SPI Programmer? And where can I  get or create a full bios bump for MX25L51245GMI-08G chip?

Current bios backup in attachment.

Thanks in advance, Andrew

0 Kudos
10 Replies
Victor_G_Intel
Employee

Hello Moo3,

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

In order to continue with this request can you please provide the following information:

1-You mentioned that the affected motherboard is part of the S2600WF family; however, we would like to know if you have the exact model from that family that you are currently having this issue with?

2-You also mentioned that the BIOS restore didn’t work; nonetheless, we would like to corroborate with you if the steps that you followed were the ones in the article below.

BIOS Recovery Procedure for Current Intel® Server Boards

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000024411/server-products/server-boards.html

3-Is the affected motherboard brand new or was it working before? If it was working before, do you remember doing any changes related to hardware or software in the system before the issue started?

Regards,

Victor G.

Intel Technical Support Technician  

0 Kudos
Moo3
Beginner

Hello Victor,
thanks for your answer. So step by step.

1.  I dont know what kind of model. 7B-WFT? Attached photo from the board.

2. I have already done it and its doesnt work. Becouse system can't start - black scrin. I'm afraid that system cant start and cant restore BIOS.

3. Yes, MB was work but CPUs and PSU is new.

Is it any way to see is attached BIOS correct or corrupt?

Andrew

0 Kudos
JoseH_Intel

Hello Moo3,

Based on the SN provided your board model is S2600WFT

If the system is not even POSTing then a complete troubleshooting needs to be performed, the BIOS recovery procedure is just one of the steps. Yo might need to test on minimal configuration (1 CPU + 1 DIMM only) and escalate from there.

Do you have LED codes in the board?

If all failed, then we should be able to do a warranty replacement.

If you are attempting to do a custom firmware image, unfortunately that is out of the scope of the support and might void the system warranty

Regards

Jose A.

Intel Customer Support Technician

For firmware updates and troubleshooting tips, visit:

https://intel.com/support/serverbios

0 Kudos
Moo3
Beginner

Hi,

the MB is old and there are no ways to repair it by warranty.

My current configuration already is  (1 CPU + 1 DIMM only) .

Is it any way to see is attached BIOS correct or corrupt?

0 Kudos
Paul_R_Intel

Hello Moo3,

I hope you are doing great, We would like to know if you need further assistance. In case you do, we would highly appreciate if you would let us know.    

Regards,

Paul R.

0 Kudos
Paul_R_Intel

Hello Moo3,

I hope you are doing great, We would like to know if you were able to check our previous posts. In case you do, we would highly appreciate if you would let us know.    

Regards,

Paul R.

0 Kudos
Victor_G_Intel
Employee

Hello Moo3,

Thank you for your response.

In this case, we would like to ask you if there is a possibility for you to provide a copy of the receipt that you got when you purchased this motherboard? The reason for this is because we would like to verify on our end what are the possibilities of a warranty replacement.

Additionally, and for documentation purposes can you please provide the following information:

• RAM (model and brand):
  • CPUs (Model):

Regards,

Victor G.

0 Kudos
JoseH_Intel

Hello Moo3,

I am just following up to double check if you were able to gather the SN information of your system. If your system have a corrupted BIOS and is not possible to recover it through the BIOS recovery jumper, then most likely will need to be replaced. The BIOS image extraction is not a supported procedure and will void your warranty.

Regards

Jose A.

Intel Customer Support Technician

For firmware updates and troubleshooting tips, visit:

https://intel.com/support/serverbios

0 Kudos
Victor_G_Intel
Employee

Hello Moo3,

We have not heard back from you.

If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Victor G. 

0 Kudos
Moo3
Beginner

Hi, I have no good progress with my problem.

So, can anybody tell me what PSU recommended for my S2600WFT?

0 Kudos