Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage, and Intel® Xeon® Processors
4778 Discussions

S2600WFT board doesn't detect Intel X527-DA4 mezzanine card

RCohe7
New Contributor I

Trying to get support for this issue. We used the server configurator which shows that part number X527DA4OCPG1P5 is compatible with the S2600WFT board. The cards do physically install fine but don't show up anywhere in BIOS and drivers (for RHEL) don't seem to be able to detect them. We are using the latest available firmware for the servers, two identical so far that don't detect the mezz cards. Anything we are missing that is needed to enable these cards? Can't find anything about them in the BIOS, it only seems to see the integrated x722/c620.

0 Kudos
17 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello Robert,

In order to better assist you with your problem, can you please help us providing the https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26991/System-Information-Retrieval-Utility-SysInfo-?v=t sysinfo of one of your server boards? You can check the user guide https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000023940/server-products/server-boards.html here.

Also, can you please let us know if you have tested the mezzanine card on another system and confirm that is working?

Best regards,

Sergio S.
0 Kudos
RCohe7
New Contributor I

Here are the logfiles. I've got 3 of these cards in 3 identical systems and none of them work. They seem to show up in windows as unidentified PCI devices and Intel drivers aren't installing on them.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello,

We appreciate your reply with the additional information

After checking the system log, we noticed that you are running an old BIOS version, you can download the latest version https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/27261/Intel-Server-Board-S2600WF-Family-BIOS-and-Firmware-Update-for-Intel-One-Boot-Flash-Update-Intel-OFU-Utility-and-WinPE-?product=89015 here.

Also, did you check if there are drivers compatible with Microsoft Windows Server 2016 Datacenter?

Please do not hesitate to contact us again if you need further assistance.

Regards,

Sergio S.
0 Kudos
RCohe7
New Contributor I

Okay thanks I didn't know there was a newer BIOS. I have now upgraded to that BIOS but the problem is the same. I am installing the most recent Intel driver package. It detects and updates other Intel adapters in the machine (X722 onboard and X550 card), but not the X527. I'm attaching logfiles created after updating the BIOS and reinstalling a fresh version of 2016 and drivers.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Robert,

Thank you for your reply with the additional information.

Can you please let us know if the version of the operating system is a retail version or an OEM version?

When you are installing the drivers for the Intel X527, are you getting an error message?

Have you tried to manually install the drivers for the X527 card, instead of running the Intel(R) Driver package?

Can you please provide us the link where you are downloading the drivers for the Intel X527 card?

Best regards,

Sergio S.
0 Kudos
SBlitz
New Contributor II

Hi,

X527 is a PHY and not a NIC. Means the X722 drivers are the correct ones and you should use the ports from this driver.

Please recheck,

Saar

0 Kudos
RCohe7
New Contributor I

Do you mean that I will never see the x527 in the system, and that all it does is transfer the X722 ports from copper to fiber?

0 Kudos
RCohe7
New Contributor I

Regardless, nothing shows up anywhere when I plug in the ports on the X527. Whether it is installed physically in the system or not, the only devices reported are X722 10GBASE-T. Nothing shows plugged in when I plug in transceivers or DA cables to the ports on the x527.

0 Kudos
RCohe7
New Contributor I

Are you sure the DA4 is compatible with the S2600WFT? It looks like in the manual that it can only take a 2 port OCP because it already has 2 built in ports?

"OCP Module Support

*Dual port 10Gb RJ45 iPC 557T2OCPG1P5

*Dual port SFP+ iPC 527DA2OCPG1P5

"

However the server configuration webpage shows it is compatible with the DA4?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello,

You can check the list of compatible products for your server board https://serverconfigurator.intel.com/exalt/RequestManager?ServletNumber=1&dynamicUser=Y&localinfo=0&RestrictionVal=SVG&APPLICATIONCODE=1 here.

Best regards,

Sergio S.
0 Kudos
RCohe7
New Contributor I

Thanks, according to that I can only use the DA2, not DA4.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Robert,

You are welcome, in case you need further assistance please feel free to contact us back.

Please do not hesitate to contact us again if you need further assistance.

Best regards,

Sergio S.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Robert,

We are following up your question and we would like to know if you need further assistance.

Best regards,

Sergio S.
0 Kudos
RCohe7
New Contributor I

Well conclusion is the 4 port mezz card is not compatible with the chassis so case closed I guess. Thanks.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Robert,

Please do not hesitate to contact us back in case you need further assistance.

Best regards,

Sergio S.
0 Kudos
RTurn2
Beginner

Sorry to revive an old thread, but according to the THOL builder, this card IS supposed to work with the S2600WFT (there are 2 pages of Intel adapters in the THOL, and it is on the second page), and based on that I purchased 2 for a cluster I am building. However, as RCohe7 experienced, it is not appearing in either BIOS or Windows (Server 2019). I have flashed to the latest BIOS available online (as of 1/3/2019), and still no card visible. I also disabled the controller (in BIOS) for the dual onboard 10GBase-T, and still the OCP card does not appear. I have 2 systems with dual-port OCP SFP+ (X527 series) and that works ok, it is just the 2 systems with quad port of the same series that is not being seen. Have you been able to test and can you provide an update to the status of this configuration?

0 Kudos
SBlitz
New Contributor II

Hi,

WFT is not compatible with 4 port. Here is the configuration guide:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000024083/server-products/server-boards.html

And reason is WFT is using already two port out of four from the C624 chipset , so you are left with 2 more in OCP form. Other versions of this board are w/o onboard networking , so four port via OCP will be doable.

0 Kudos