Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage, and Intel® Xeon® Processors
4778 Discussions

S2600WTTR Power failure

AAlon6
Beginner

good morning

We have just arrived from the weekend and we have found the server turned off. the sources inside the server do nothing indicative or led on. when you take them out and wait for at least 5 minutes, we turn them on and if they turn on and blink green. but when you put them back on the server they flash a moment in orange and do not turn on again.

Any idea what is happening.?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Emeth_O_Intel

Hi AAlon6,

Thank you so much for contacting Intel Communities.

I was reviewing the information provided and I would like to ask you if you can provide me the LED Decoder of the motherboard to have a better understanding of this error.

This LED Decoder during the system boot process, Memory Reference Code (MRC) and System BIOS execute a number of memory initialization and platform configuration processes, each of which is assigned a hex POST code

number.

Please check the following PDF Link (It will include on Page 137 of the PDF more details about the LED Decoder):

https://www.intel.com/content/dam/support/us/en/documents/server-products/server-boards/Intel_Server_Board_S2600WT_TPS.pdf

On the other hand, did you already check the power supplies? have you tried to replace them? Have you tried to test the system with the minimal configuration? and the minimal components?

I will be waiting for the information in order to proceed with the next step.

Regards,

Emeth O.

Intel Customer Support Technician.

Under Contract to Intel Corporation.

0 Kudos
Emeth_O_Intel

Hi AAlon6,

Also, I have some questions for you in order to have a better understanding of this scenario:

1- Was there a power outage in the building or site?

2- Where other systems affected?

3- Is the server connected to a UPS system

4- Are you referring to the postcode LEDs or the System Status LED?

Regards,

Emeth O.

0 Kudos
Emeth_O_Intel

Hi AAlon6,

I was reviewing this thread and I have not noticed any activity recently.

if you have any other questions, please do not hesitate and contact us back and we will be more than happy to assist you.

Regards,

Emeth O.

0 Kudos