Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage, and Intel® Xeon® Processors

S3000AH SDR

NAlex3
Beginner

Hello,

It's there a way to modify the SDR's on a S3000AH ? like you would program the SDR's on a S5000XVN ?

Thank you !

0 Kudos
11 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello Nicolae,

Regarding your question, "If there is an option to program de SDR's on a S3000AH like it was done on the S5000XVN". Just to ensure the information, the SDR's ( are the Sensor Data Record), part of the BIOS package to manage the zones on the FAN's. I am going to check a little more deep on this.

If you have more detail information on what you need.

If there is anything else we can help please feel free to ask.

Best regards,

Henry A.
0 Kudos
NAlex3
Beginner

Hi, thank you for the answer !

Yes, when i say SDR i mean Sensor Data Records. I am also interested if i can get pin-point of where the system temperature sensors could be located on the board ? By contrast to the S5000 board this one i do not think it has a BMC, as the BMC controls fans in the S5000 ... this one as far as i found out has control for fans inside the Super I/O SCH5027 which has 5 fan controls and 2 temp sensor inputs.

Thank you

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Nicolae,

Thank you for the information. Will check on your two questions, on the sensor location on the system board and possible re-program for the SDR. Please allow us some time.

Best regards,

Henry A.
0 Kudos
NAlex3
Beginner

Hi,

Anything new on the front ?

Thank you !

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Nicolae,

I am sorry for the delay on updating your question. According to our listing, this system has been https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/server-products/000020015.html End of Life, since March 2011. The information found is very limit. I have send the information to engineering to verify on any possible information.

Best regards,

Henry A.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Nicolae,

I am sorry for the delay on updating your question. But I am afraid as I mentioned before, because this system has been https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/server-products/000020015.html End of Life, since March 2011. The only information found is what is found on the https://www.intel.com/content/dam/support/us/en/documents/motherboards/server/s3000ah/sb/d72579003_s3000ah_tps_1_4.pdf Technical Product Specification.

No other support or information are available.

Best regards,

Henry A.
0 Kudos
NAlex3
Beginner

Hi Henry,

Thank you very much for your kind answer. However i am sure that there are references, despite not being serviced anymore due to the EOL, but the sensor placement and other technical info about the motherboard construction. If you can provide them please let me know, or if a more private conversation can be continued, just let me know.

Thank you very much

Alex.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Nicolae,

I am still trying to search our archives, but I am afraid that still nothing. And about a private conversation it will not be necessary.

Best regards,

Henry A.
0 Kudos
NAlex3
Beginner

Hi Henry,

Thank you very much for your kindness and efforts. If they can't be found then that's it...when i will have the time maybe i will take a look at the board, but i do not think that i will be able to allocate time for this .

Than you !

Alex.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Nicolae,

I wish there is something else we can do. I will continue searching, but at this time, if it is ok with you, I am going to close this chat. But we can re-open it if something comes up.

Best regards,

Henry A.
0 Kudos
NAlex3
Beginner

Hi Henry,

Ok, close it. If anything new comes up, just let me know. Thank you !

Alex.

0 Kudos