Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage, and Intel® Xeon® Processors
4778 Discussions

S3200SH - CPU Power Connector (pinout)

RHens
Beginner

Hello!

I have a problem with the motherboard S3200SH. After connecting the AC adapter, the statute LED on the motherboard. But the power supply is not turned on by the motherboard. When I turn on the power supply manually (green + ground), I can measure the voltage.

The motherboard has an 8 pin CPU power connector, the power supply only a 4pin. According to the manual, the cable would have to be right, but it fits just right.

According to the pinout I would think that it does not matter. Or is it wrong?

What could it still be that the system does not start?

- CPU running on a different motherboard

- Power supply is OK - can I measure voltage when I connect the power-on-pin (green) to a ground point (black)

- If I combine another motherboard with the same CPU and the same power supply, it does not run as well.

===== GERMAN ======================================================

Hallo!

Ich habe ein Problem mit dem Mainboard S3200SH. Nach Anschluß des Netzteils leuchtet die Statuts-LED auf dem Mainboard. Aber das Netzteil wird nicht eingeschaltet vom Mainboard. Wenn ich das Netzteil manuell einschalte (grün + masse), kann ich die Spannung messen.

Das Mainboard hat einen 8pin CPU Power Connector, das Netzteil nur einen 4pin. Laut dem Handbuch müsste die Kabel rechts sein, aber es passt nur links.

Laut Pinbelegung würde ich denken, dass es egal ist. Oder ist es falsch?

Woran könnte es noch liegen, dass das System nicht startet?

- CPU läuft auf einem anderen Mainboard

- Netzteil ist OK - Spannung kann ich messen, wenn ich das Power-On-Pin (Grün) mit einem Massepunkt (schwarz) verbinde

- Wenn ich ein anderes Mainboard mit derselben CPU und demselben Netzteil kombiniere, läuft es auch nicht.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Daniel_O_Intel
Employee

Which processor are you trying to run on this motherboard? You mention this processor doesn't work either on the S3200SH, or another motherboard - is the other motherboard also an S3200SH?

I would check how many amps your power supply is rated for on the +12V line - it should be around 24A.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Daniel_O_Intel
Employee

Which processor are you trying to run on this motherboard? You mention this processor doesn't work either on the S3200SH, or another motherboard - is the other motherboard also an S3200SH?

I would check how many amps your power supply is rated for on the +12V line - it should be around 24A.

0 Kudos