JHous1
Beginner

S3420GPRX RAM issues - system not booting

Jump to solution

Hello.

I'm trying to set up a Server system for a local charity. We recently bought a:

• Server System SR1695GPRX2ACNA Barebone System
  • 1 x Intel Server Board S3420GPRX

To go with it, we bought an Intel Xeon X3470 SLBJH - 2.93ghz 8M Cache CPU.

We then bought the following RAM:

• 4 X Samsung M393B5170DZ1-CF8 4Gb RDIMM PC3-8500

The system will not boot-up with this RAM in place. I get the 3 beeps errors, which according to the manual is a RAM issue. The seller

of the RAM sent us a different model of RAM (again, Samsung but a different model number, I never noted which) but the outcome was

exactly the same. 3 beeps per RAM module, regardless of which slot the RAM is placed in.

I suspect this may be a motherboard issue but the seller of the motherboard has been quite unresponsive so far. This is the first time I've tried

to set up a system with ECC RAM, though I've years of experience setting up desktop PCs.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
idata
Community Manager

Hello,

Based on the fact this board is already discontinued, we do not longer offer interactive support for it. As a general recommendation, if after testing with validated memory the board still gives three beep codes we suggest checking your warranty options and replace the board.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
idata
Community Manager

Hello,

Based on the fact this board is already discontinued, we do not longer offer interactive support for it. As a general recommendation, if after testing with validated memory the board still gives three beep codes we suggest checking your warranty options and replace the board.

View solution in original post