Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage, and Intel® Xeon® Processors
4778 Discussions

S3420GPV Started dispatching early initialization modules 0xE0

AAndr35
Beginner

Good day.

Have problem with MB.

Coolers works, monitor not displayed nothing.

Motherboard: S3420GPV

CPU: Xeon X3430

RAM: Kingston KVR1066D3Q8R7S/4GI ECC-Registered

OR

Micron: MT36JSZF51272PZ-1G4F1 ECC-Registered

- Symptom

- LED on board

- CPU fan is running

- Nothing on screen

- LED decoder status

Pre-EFI Initialization (PEI) Core

MSB LSB

0xE0 O O O X O X X X

anybody know how to solve this problem?

Thank's

0 Kudos
1 Solution
idata
Employee

Hello,

We regret to inform you that the board you are looking support for has been discontinued already and is not longer under support but as a general recommendation proceed to test the board on a minimal configuration (processor, memory, power supply). Test without memory looking for beep codes, swap components until you find the defective one:

http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/server-products/server-boards/single-socket-server-boards/intel-server-board-s3420gp-family.html Support

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello,

We regret to inform you that the board you are looking support for has been discontinued already and is not longer under support but as a general recommendation proceed to test the board on a minimal configuration (processor, memory, power supply). Test without memory looking for beep codes, swap components until you find the defective one:

http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/server-products/server-boards/single-socket-server-boards/intel-server-board-s3420gp-family.html Support
0 Kudos
AAndr35
Beginner

Mother Board S3420GPV does not have beeper .

On my board present only memory and cpu.

I think my board too old and has old bios firmware, that can not works with RDIMMs, early I found that "Server Board S3420GPV requires BIOS 46 or later to support RDIMMs", so maybe it makes sense install UDIMMs and update bios ?

Thank you for advice.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello,

To answer your question, such troubleshooting could help addressing the issue.
0 Kudos