Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage, and Intel® Xeon® Processors
4761 Discussions

S5000PSL Case

WBarr5
New Contributor I

I would like to get a case for this board if I can get one for a reasonable price.

Considering, I only have about $125.00 invested in all the equipment on this server, I do not want to spend a lot.

So, any suggests on a 2u case for this board, that is close to, or is the original standard?

Thank you.

Wayne
0 Kudos
12 Replies
idata
Employee

Hi carrzkiss,

Thank you for contacting Intel Customer Support.

First, I need to mention that this board family is in End of Interactive Support stage of life, which means it is no longer being manufactured or supported by Intel.

With that said, some sizing information can be found in https://ark.intel.com/products/series/50529/Intel-Server-Board-S5000PSL-Family ark.intel.com, so as long as socket and form factors are similar to the chassis you shouldn't have a problem.

I would strongly recommend to get in touch with one of our partner for pricing, they might also help you to find a third party solution, you can find the closest to your location in http://locate.intel.com locate.intel.com

With that said, since this is as far as we can go, is it OK if we set the thread as closed? If someone in the community wants to go further on this they'll still be able to.

I'll stay tuned to your comments.

Kenneth R.

Intel Customer Support.
0 Kudos
WBarr5
New Contributor I

Oh, I know it is no longer supported.

However, for those of us that cannot afford the newer models, we have to use what we can get our hands on, right?

Thanks for the information.

Wayne

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Wayne,

Get me off-line (mailto:compcar59@outlook.com compcar59@outlook.com). I can set you up with an Intel 4U case. Close to mint, just pay shipping.Have a 6 bay hotswap (6GB backplane) that will go along with it.

Ray

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Ray,

Thank you for your contribution, carrzkiss have you had the chance to go through the information provided previously? Is further assistance needed on our end or is it OK to set the related case as closed?

In any case I'l stay tuned to your comments.

Regards.

Ken
0 Kudos
WBarr5
New Contributor I
0 Kudos
WBarr5
New Contributor I

It really annoys me when someone offers something and then never gets back with me.

Thanks for nothing, Ray_S
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Ray,

I was wondering is further assistance needed in our end or is it OK to set the related tread as closed.

Either way please let me know.

Kenneth R
0 Kudos
WBarr5
New Contributor I

Hey, Kenneth.

[Edited for content.]

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

This is not an auction site. And, there are house rules for behaviour

Doc

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

I would like to thank you all for your contributions

As stated previously, Intel does not support this system any longer, as a best effort our recommendation is and will always be to get in touch with any of our technology providers for presales and pricing inquiries, please go to locate.intel.com to find the nearest provider.

Since this is a far as we can go from a technical point of view this tread will be set as closed, if technical assistance is needed please let us know.

Kenneth R

Intel Customer Support
0 Kudos
WBarr5
New Contributor I

It is hardly an auction when the person was going to give it to me for FREE.

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

There was a cost associated with it. And, you were/are a disgruntled potential customer.

Whatever the case, you should have kept it offline.

Doc

0 Kudos