Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage, and Intel® Xeon® Processors
4761 Discussions

S5000PSL Server board amber light. 2nd mobo and have tried different processors/RAM????

MEdwa6
Beginner

Hello

I recently got an old Intel s5000psl PBA E1127-302. I am trying processors X5470 (dual) which to the best of my knowledge is supported. Can anyone please give me any suggestions/tips to get this running? Currently when I boot all I get is an amber light. When I first tried to boot i did get amber and then a green and red light at the last two LED's. I am also using 1 stick of 2gb FBDIMM memory, that was on the tested memory list. (Kingston)

Any suggestions would help! Could this board be DOA? Am I not using a supported processsor?

I am also using a supported chasis with a 600w psu.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Daniel_O_Intel
Employee

That board does require a specific version to run that processor. Check the PBA on the white sticker against http://www.intel.com/support/motherboards/server/sb/CS-028540.htm Server Products — Intel® Xeon® Processors 5400 and 5200 support, and see if it supports the 5470.

0 Kudos