Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage, and Intel® Xeon® Processors
4778 Discussions

S5000PSL ?other device, unknown device

BStev2
Beginner

I'm setting up a new server with an Intel S5000PSL-R server board and have an other device, unknown device in the device manager. I tried to find out what this is but all it tells me that it is an Microsoft ACPI compliant system. Any idea's what this is, as my server is running Windows 2003 X64 with the Intel Hot-Swap drive enclosure firmwared at 2.09

0 Kudos
4 Replies
idata
Employee

Hi Serverman,

Go into the BIOS.

Go to Server Management

Disable Plug and Play Detection

Save and Exit

Restart to OS

See if it fixes it, if not, tell me the hardware id of the device, i will check it for you.

All the best,

Regards,

Aryan

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Serverman,

Did you manage to fix it? If not, let me know the hardware id of the device from device manager. May be you can post it with a screenshot.

All the best,

Regards,

Aryan

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hey Serverman!

It is important to install not only the nic drivers themself because in the driver package is also you wanted device driver included. Just install the drivers bei using the included setup and your unknown device should be gone.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Intel D915GEVL with other device, unknown device error message. Lcation n Intel(R) 82801FB LPC Interface Controller - 2640

Did driver detection, cannot find driver to make ! go away, please help. Drew

0 Kudos