Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage, and Intel® Xeon® Processors
4761 Discussions

S5000VSA PBA D29137-714 Processor Compatiblity

ZZain
Beginner

Dear All,

I did buy 2 unit used motherboard S5000VSA with PBA D29137-714 and i try with E5450 SLBBM CPU and it come out with error Processor voltage mismatch, what i'm refered on the net, my motherboard are non-refresh board, so may i know what CPU and Spec Number are compatible with my motherboard ?

Please help and Thank you so much

0 Kudos
5 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello,

Thank you for contacting Intel Customer Support.

In this particular case, I would like to share this link where you will find http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/boards-and-kits/000006633.html Tested Processor List for Boards and Kits.

The following Intel® Processors are validated and qualified for use with the Intel® 5000 Chipset server and workstation boards and systems.

faugub_intel # iwork4intel

0 Kudos
ZZain
Beginner

Dear Sir,

As long i cant use the processor of 5400 series for the motherboard, but is it possible if i use the 5300 series ? I just like to double confirm before i buy the processor.

TQ for advice.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello,

According to this compatibility list it is validated.

We regret to inform that the Intel Server Board S5520SCR is currently in End of Interactive Support (EOIS). This means that Intel no longer provides interactive support for this service via telephone, e-mail, chat, or other tools. Technical articles will continue to be available on the Intel Support website.

faugub_intel # iwork4intel
0 Kudos
ZZain
Beginner

Dear Sir,

Thank you so much for the answer and i plan to buy X5365 SLEAD for my motherboard

0 Kudos
Jhear3
Beginner

This is a known issue in the S5000VSA, before BIOS update 84 they do not support E54xx and E52xx, those two families are high TDP CPUs and the VSA will not run them at speed. They will post and boot but at lower clock speeds.

There is some documentation on this issue on the Intel website if you look in the Downloads page for the S5000VSA there are two ways to update the BIOS one is with a USB stick the other is within Windows and both are a pain. Also your board has to be at least a certain revision to even apply the update the same page has that info.quads

The low-power 2.5ghz L-series chips still have plenty of grunt I ran them for a while on my VSA. Plus, the 50w TDP helps keep temps down inside the case.

0 Kudos