Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage, and Intel® Xeon® Processors
4784 Discussions

S5000VSA Question

idata
Employee

I have a server with a s5000Vsa board. The server keeps locking up for no apparent reason. The only way thing to do is manually restart it. When I go up to restart it i noticed that the Powed Led in the front is lit up yellow. Does that mean that it is a problem with the power supply?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
JLodh
New Contributor II

Hi James,

Can you elaborate your scenario by providing details such as OS you are using, is it the first install or had the server been working fine before. Did you consult system and application logs in the system log viewer?

Have you tried consulting http://www.intel.com/support/motherboards/server/S5000VSA/ S5000VSA Support Website and the http://www.intel.com/support/motherboards/server/sb/CS-029657.htm Startup Issues listed there? If you haven't, be sure to check out the FAQs and TA.

Kindly let us know the details and let us isolate and address your problem.

--

Warm Regards,

Javed Lodhi

Intel Go Green, Save The Environment!

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Operating system is Windows Server 2003. The server had been working fine for about a month, then it started locking up. I checked the logs and didn't see anything hapening before it would lock up. set up a memory dump on crash didn't see anything. Sometimes it runs for days at a time with no problems. Other times it will lock up 10 times a day. It would even lock up over the weekend when no one is here. The server is set up as a file server and terminal services server. The only thing that i noticed that was different were the lights in the front. All of them are green except the power one witch is yellow. Once you restart it it turns green again

0 Kudos
JLodh
New Contributor II

Hi James,

Can you kindly send us the error log of your BIOS and also can you kindly send us the logs in your OS i.e. System Log, Application Log. If you could, we can look into it for a possible cause.

One more thing, what are the power ratings on your PSU and which casing are you using?

You also need to check if your CPU is heating up ensuring that the room temperature is such that it is ideal for your server i.e. 18 celsius and if not, what room temperature do you have? Easy way of finding out the CPU heating up is by checking for a message of Thermal Error in the BIOS error logs.

Update us on this and let us fix your issue.

--

Warm Regards,

Javed Lodhi

Intel Go Green, Save The Environment!

0 Kudos