Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage, and Intel® Xeon® Processors
4778 Discussions

S5000VSA teaming problem

JBent3
Beginner

I have used teaming on this motherboard for several years. Recently the team appears to be broken and just one of the nics is being used. When I look at the device manager, there does not appear to be any problem with either nic. When I click on the one not being used or on the virtual nic it says that tcpip is not enabled. I try and enable it and it refuses. I did some Googling and found a number of discussions about a ongoing problem with Symantec Endpoint Protection and teaming. My question is, is it a known problem and is there a fix recommendation.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Edward_Z_Intel
Employee

What kind of team are you using, and which NIC has the IP address now? Did you try to remove the team and re-configure it?

0 Kudos
JBent3
Beginner

intel pro/1000 EB setup as adaptive load balancing. Both nics are on the motherboard. Both say active. Both say team# 0, but instead of the virtual nic having the ip number, the first member has it. I was going to remove the team and recreate it, but saw in some forums that the Symantec endpoint protection has had issues with teaming over extended periods of time. If updates to Symantec can knock out a team, I'd rather forgo the server inturruption (had issues throughout the day it happened). But if it was just a fluke, I'll go ahead and recreate the team. Does having a team radically speed up the network aspect of a server?

0 Kudos
Edward_Z_Intel
Employee

I'm not aware of any known issue with teaming and Symantec endpoint protection. You can also check with the experts on the /community/wired Wired Ethernet Community.

As for teaming performance, it depends on what kind of teaming mode you're using. See http://www.intel.com/support/network/sb/cs-009747.htm http://www.intel.com/support/network/sb/cs-009747.htm for details.

0 Kudos