cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
IOgou
Beginner

S5400SF Throttling Mode

Jump to solution

I'm posting this in the hopes that someone can help. I have looked through various sources online, but could find no answer or discussion, so I'll be opening it myself.

I'm not sure what all information I should start with about the server, but I'll start with the following:

Intel(R) Server Board: S5400SF

Intel(R) Server System: SR1560SF

System BIOS: S5400.86B.07.00.0033

BMC Firmware Revision: 0.11

HSC Firmware Revision: 2.09

SDR Revision: SDR Package 11

Problem:

I've been having an issue with the throttling mode. Whenever I boot, I receive a POST error, 85FC, telling me that Closed Loop Thermal Throttling could not be configured.

The most information I could find on this issue is that it may not configure properly if any installed DIMMs do not have functional AMB thermal sensors, but as far as I can tell, mine do.

I am waiting to hear back from the seller I purchased this from, but if it is possible to fix this rather than send it back and wait for a replacement (if they agree on that method), I would much rather do so.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
idata
Community Manager

Hello,

We regret to inform you that this board has been discontinued for a while now reason why we do not offer any troubleshooting recommendations to address your issue. Thank you for your understanding.

View solution in original post

8 Replies
AP16
Valued Contributor III

CLTT can be disabled in BIOS Setup, Advanced > System Acoustic and Performance Configuration. You able to get into BIOS Setup?

IOgou
Beginner

I am, but I'm trying to get it to stay in CLTT. It always defaults back to OLTT due to the error.

AP16
Valued Contributor III

So, what memory modules are in server?

IOgou
Beginner

Reading this directly off the memory modules.

4x 1GB 2Rx8 PC2-4200F-444-11

4x 1GB 2Rx8 PC2-5300F-555-11

AP16
Valued Contributor III

Well, what the CPU-Z utility shows in SPD tab?

IOgou
Beginner

All modules are FB-DDR2. SPD shows bandwidth and timing data for all.

Is there anything specific I should post?

AP16
Valued Contributor III

Manufacturer and PartNumber fields please. You can attach a screenshot to post.

idata
Community Manager

Hello,

We regret to inform you that this board has been discontinued for a while now reason why we do not offer any troubleshooting recommendations to address your issue. Thank you for your understanding.

View solution in original post