Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage, and Intel® Xeon® Processors
4761 Discussions

S5500BC Not Booting - Chassis Intrusion Issue

Slurp1e
Beginner

Hi, I have been trying to build a desktop/server with an S5500BC board that I will use for software development and rendering. I have had the server for a while, and it has had multiple problems, that I fixed over the time I have had it. Although this time, I moved it in to a new case and it beeps `1544` which is a chassis intrusion error. I was kind of confused about this at first, but then I saw the front panel IO diagram, which shows you where each IO connector from the front panel goes in the pinout of the motherboard. There was one pin on the diagram that said Chassis intrusion, it was only one pin, and that is what confused me. How am I supposed to fix this. I can't even boot without fixing this issue. I cant put a switch or a button there because it's just one pin. Please help me!

Specifications:

• S5500BC Motherboard
  • 4GB 1333Mhz ECC 
  • 2x Xeon X5675
  • Fractal Design R4
0 Kudos
2 Replies
JoseH_Intel

Hello Slurp1e,

Welcome back to the Intel community

Due to this product being discontinued, Intel Customer Service no longer supports inquiries for it, but perhaps fellow community members have the knowledge to jump in and help. You may also find the Discontinued Products website helpful to address your request. Thank you for understanding.

You can find the available support information in the this site: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/products/36601/server-products/legacy-server-products/intel-server-board-s5500bc-family/intel-server-board-s5500bc.html

Regards

Jose A.

Intel Customer Support

For firmware updates and troubleshooting tips, visit:

https://intel.com/support/serverbios

0 Kudos
Slurp1e
Beginner

I dont really care if it's not a supported product, I just want someone to help me. I went on the forums so that people could reply, not a copy and paste message. That is what the forums are for.

0 Kudos