Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage, and Intel® Xeon® Processors
4761 Discussions

S5520HC ON-BOARD LSI RAID (STATA) Initialise and consitency check to not progress

idata
Employee

When using the RAID console 2 app

Bacground initialisation does not progress beyond 0%

Consistency check does not progress beyond 0%

Most options on Dashboard are not active links

Instructions on firmware page for ROM updates do NOT seem to cover embedded SATA updates for this board (EPSD_SAS_FW_v.2011.02.14_ph20)

Using boot Rom (ctrl-e) access allowed creation AND initialisation of the arrays and virtual disks, however Console software says they are not initialised.

Raid activation key is installed

How to enable advanced megaraid options link takes you to help file - not much help as searching file tells you nothing.. at all

where is the elegance of Intel Rapid Raid technology - a lament

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Daniel_O_Intel
Employee

There are a few different possible RAID setups on the S5520HC. Run the wizard at http://www.intel.com/support/motherboards/server/sb/CS-030410.htm http://www.intel.com/support/motherboards/server/sb/CS-030410.htm to make sure you're getting the right tool and drivers.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Thanks Dan.

I am well beyond the information at that level. I have the correct configuration and the raid arrays working and the bios level. I have already devoured the information available

I have SATA raid, SW RAID, SATA RAID 5 Activation Key installed, two arrays one for boot at raid 0, 4 in a raid 5 set, and 1 as hotspare.

Correct Chipset, Controller and Drive Raid drivers all installed.

As indicated the problem exists in the Web console software...

Jim

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

jimbo1199,

You mention "Intel Rapid Raid technology". Is that Intel® Rapid Storage Technology and are you using the Intel® Rapid Storage Console? If so, your S5520HC ON-BOARD LSI RAID is ESRT2 and you should be using the Intel® RAID WEB Console 2 Utility for your operating system.

RST and ESRT2 are two different software stacks and the different consoles don't support the other software stack.

Regards,

John
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

I thought this was clear enough

When using the RAID console 2 app Bacground initialisation does not progress beyond 0%

The comment on Rapid Raid was a LAMENT that things do not always seem to improve - Rapid Raid software is elegant and Nice and works, and ESRT II Raid Web Console 2 is a load of rubbish that does not work ,poor graphics, poor documentation, poor functionality.

Is that clear now

The Problem is in ESRT II Web Raid Console 2 software

Jim

0 Kudos