Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage, and Intel® Xeon® Processors
4762 Discussions

S5520HC blocks traffic

idata
Employee

Hi. There is a server with the matherbord S5520HC, Windows Server 2008 r2 and several virtual machines on a Hyper-V. There are two network cards on the server, the first one is used directly by the server, another one is for the virtual machines.

There is a serious problem with blocking traffic from some of the computers on the network to the server and all the virtual machines. In case if I change IP address of the computer it discovers the server and all virtual servers for a while but later traffic blocking is enabled again. I assume that happens due to Trusted Execution technology. I have tried to turn it offin the BIOS but I have found the only "Execute disable bit" option. If I turn off this option - the virtual machines can be run due to not running the hypervisor.

I need your advice how to turn off the traffic blocking?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
idata
Employee

I don't think is because of that feature that the connection is blocked every once in a while.

We have had customers running the same configuration in the past with no issues what so ever.

Do you have any logs from windows or the board itself that will lead us to believe that this feature is the issue?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

About Blocking is no information in the windows log.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

They found that blocking traffic from a computer comes at a time when it is trying to print to the printer. The printer network. Mounted on one of the virtual machines running 2003 server.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

I see. well in that case it will be matter of checking the setup of this printer to see why is blocking the traffic. Please let us know if you need further assistance.

0 Kudos