Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage, and Intel® Xeon® Processors
4778 Discussions

S5520SC is not booting

idata
Employee

Hi Experts.

When I start the system except for the Chassis fans nothing else comes up.. no beep, no bios and is doing nothing. I have checked every connection to PSU and everything is in order. I did a search and lots of people have booting issues with this board but mostly their RAM, Video or the Windows is the issue, but I purchased everything that was recommended by the Intel Configurator Tool

and it doesn't even have any OS installed yet. any idea?

Thank you in advanced.

here is my System specifications:

Board: S5520SC

Processor: 2 x Xeon W5590

RAM: 24GB (3 x KVR1333D3D4R9S/8GI)

Video: Nvidia Quadro FX 5800

Thermal: STS100C

HD: 2 x 300GB (WD3000HLFS)

Chassis:SC5650WS

10 Replies
Edward_Z_Intel
Employee

Do you have both 2x4 12V CPU power connectors connected? Did you check the 8 POST diagnostic LEDs on the back of the system? I also noticed that you have 3 DIMMs, how did you populate them? (in which slots?)

idata
Employee

Hi Edward and Thanks for your time and reply,

Yes both 8-pin CPU power connected,

at the back the "F. Diagnostic LED # 2" is "ON" and the "Status LED" is also "ON"

DIMM population:

Sorry for confusion the DIMM's are 2x4GB/package so 6 DIMM.

A2, A1, B2, B1, C2 and C1

Thanks again for your help.

Jaf

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Correction: CPU is W5580

Board: S5520SC

Processor: 2 x Xeon W5580

DIMM: 24GB (3 x KVR1333D3D4R9S/8GI (6x4GB)

Video: Nvidia Quadro FX 5800

Thermal: STS100C

HD: 2 x 300GB (WD3000HLFS)

Chassis:SC5650WS
0 Kudos
Daniel_O_Intel
Employee

If you remove all the memory and try to power on, does it give you the three-beep code?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Nope. I strip down everything disconnecting eveything except PSU, CPU and Board, no beep..

0 Kudos
Daniel_O_Intel
Employee

Only thing I can think of is bad power supply, board, or processor; in order from most to least likely.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Humm, We purchased everything from a retailer except for the CPU's.

We got them from eBay! it says on it Intel Confidential AT80602000759AA. Did I buy a pair of lemons?

What is the chance that both CPU's are dead because I check them one by one and no beep, wondering also what are the chances for a brand new Board and PSU to be defect.

0 Kudos
Daniel_O_Intel
Employee

If they say "Intel Confidential", I'm pretty sure those are pre-release Engineering Samples only. Does the spec start with an S or a Q?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Thanks Dan_O it says "QGXP ES A4" on both, image attached. Thanks.

is it legal to sale this Intel Confidential CPU? anyone knows. Intel??

the seller not responding and I have paid a significant amount of money $2,250 USD for what suppose to be BX80602W5580 base on what was http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=170412519994&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT advertized,

Is it because these CPU's are not compatible to S5520SC board.

0 Kudos
Daniel_O_Intel
Employee

Whether it's legal to sell or not, I couldn't comment myself. But those are definitely not production-ready processors.

0 Kudos