Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage, and Intel® Xeon® Processors
4784 Discussions

S5520SC motherboard + SC5560WS chassis with very loud fan noise (100% fan speed)

rroch1
Beginner

Hello all,

I´ve been reading some posts about this recurrent problem, I´ve already did the firmware update via EFI, my chassis is detected and the fan´s speed slows down for a few seconds, but after reboot, it gets ultra loud again. Any suggestions?

My system is: Dual Xeon X5650 - S5520SC motherboard + SC5560WS chassis.

Thanks,

Ricardo

0 Kudos
5 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello ricardo_crh,

Thanks for joining the community.

Before we start allow me to let you know that this server board and chassis is no longer under support with Intel. For such reason please move the thread to the Discontinued to get proper support.

In regards to the particular issue you can follow the steps listed on the following thread related to the same issue. (some links may not work)

/thread/4513 https://communities.intel.com/thread/4513

Hope this helps

Jose A.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello ricardo_crh,

Do you have any updates, questions or comments in regards to this issue?

Please do not hesitate to contact us back.

If you consider the issue to be completed please let us know so we can proceed to mark this thread as resolved.

Regards

Jose A.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello ricardo_crh,

We will proceed to mark this thread as resolved. If you have further issues or questions just go ahead and create a new topic.

Jose A.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Good afternoon Ricardo,

You will need too run the firmware update. With the firmware on a flashdrive, get into bios and choose efi. Update all of the packages. That will quiet your fans. Any questions, please feel free to reach out to me, mailto:compacr59@outlook.com compacr59@outlook.com

Ray

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello

We will proceed again to mark this thread as resolved. If you have further issues or questions just go ahead and create a new topic.

Jose A.
0 Kudos