Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage, and Intel® Xeon® Processors
4778 Discussions

S5520SC motherboard is not compatible win7 and win2008r2

浩刘4
Beginner
Motherboard: intel_S5520SC * 1

CPU: Xeon E5520 * 2

Memory: South DDR3-1333 2GB ecc-reg * 6

Graphics: Sapphire HD4830 * 1

Install Windows 7 RTM 7600.16385 Ultimate x64, there is a very serious pause, listening to music seemed to have a mixed sound card issued by electric noise.

Motherboard BIOS to the latest S5500.86B.01.00.0038.06012009, open the dual-channel.

1, the default drive, there is a very serious pause (card), pause (card), the issue seemed to have a sound card to listen to music, mixed electrical noise.

2, install the drivers

Graphics 9.9 simplified Chinese version of For Win7/Win7-64 with other low-edition

Version 2.33 sound card For Win7/Win7-64 with other low-edition

Chipset intel_chipset_v9.1.1.1012 and other low-edition

Problems still remain.

3, the installation win2008r2 with win7 Enterprise Edition is the same.

4, for NVIDIA FX580 graphics problems still remain.

Not just what reason?

Estimate may be the reason for multi-core or a motherboard driver problem?

Have been tested, alone is the same cpu, turn off Hyper-Threading, the problem remains.

Eventually, a decision would be the motherboard bios surface larger.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Daniel_O_Intel
Employee

I don't see either of those OSes listed at http://www.intel.com/support/motherboards/server/s5520sc/sb/CS-030230.htm http://www.intel.com/support/motherboards/server/s5520sc/sb/CS-030230.htm , so I suspect there aren't correct drivers for either OS.

0 Kudos
KAMALANATH_N_Intel

looks like its a driver issue of the graphics card for WIN7 and 2k8 R2. Not a motherboard issue.

please contact a VGA vendor (NVIDIA/saphhire).

Thanks,

kamal.

0 Kudos
浩刘4
Beginner

The above friends, you test it? You use S5520SC motherboard to install win2008r2 or win7, successful? If successful, it proved to be video card problem, but I also have no video card installation problems, so it is a motherboard problem determination.

0 Kudos
浩刘4
Beginner
Through my efforts and research to finally resolve the issue on hold. Problem is in the card, download the latest network card drivers, the problem is solved. Just begun suspected bios, audition for a long time problem is still there, and then think I may win the system to start and services, tested many times, it is not resolved, finally, was found into the safe mode, no problem, it is believed that card, download the latest network card drivers, the problem is solved.经过我的努力与研究,最终解决了停顿的问题.问题出在网卡,下载最新的网卡驱动,把问题解决了.刚开始怀疑是bios,试演了很久问题依旧,然后想可能是win系统启动与服务,试验了很多次,也没有解决,最后,发现进安全模式,没有了此问题,所以怀疑是网卡,下载最新的网卡驱动,把问题解决了.
0 Kudos