Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage, and Intel® Xeon® Processors
4776 Discussions

S5520SC with 2*Xeon E5620 - unable to finish Windows 7 64-bit installation

idata
Employee

Hello. Maybe someone can help me with solution. When I'm installing OS - unable to finish it. It freeze at final steps. Prevously I installed OS on the same configuration PC this way: I had also other unit with other XEON CPU (E5503) - no problems there, I installed OS on that system. After this take out 2 HDDs (RAID Mirroring) and put these drives into problematic unit (with E5620 CPU). But at this moment I haven't other unit or CPUs. So, thats why I'm askin for solution here. I tried to turn off cores, just leaves one core. It wasn't helpful. Any ideas? I think problem in win 7 64 bit release for this hardware. Because this problem only with E5620. I' ll try to install 32 bit tomorrow, but I'm not sure that this will help: I must to sell unit exactly with 64 bit Win 7 Pro.

With best regards, Alexandr.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
DSilv11
Valued Contributor III

Sounds like the old NIC driver problem.

Click the load drivers link at the screen where it asks which HDD ot install on and point it at the newest NIC drivers.

http://www.intel.com/support/motherboards/server/sb/CS-031086.htm http://www.intel.com/support/motherboards/server/sb/CS-031086.htm

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello, yes I know about NIC, I installed drivers from Intel after OS installation.

But why the same MB with other CPU - installation was finished without any problems?

Are You really think this can be helpful with NIC in my situation?

With best regards, Alexandr.

idata
Employee

Hi.

And how to add more than one driver before installation?

I can choose only RAID driver or NIC or something other.

Alexandr.

0 Kudos
Daniel_O_Intel
Employee

Different processors will be handled differently during an OS installation; so it is no surprise that one will work while another doesn't.

To specify additional drivers, press 'S' during Windows installation.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

All is resolved, I placed all drivers in one DIR on my usb flash, added it all - installation finished.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Daniel_O_Intel
Employee
0 Kudos