Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage, and Intel® Xeon® Processors
4784 Discussions

S5520SC with 2*Xeon E5620 - unable to finish Windows 7 64-bit installation

idata
Employee

Hello. Maybe someone can help me with solution. When I'm installing OS - unable to finish it. It freeze at final steps. Prevously I installed OS on the same configuration PC this way: I had also other unit with other XEON CPU (E5503) - no problems there, I installed OS on that system. After this take out 2 HDDs (RAID Mirroring) and put these drives into problematic unit (with E5620 CPU). But at this moment I haven't other unit or CPUs. So, thats why I'm askin for solution here. I tried to turn off cores, just leaves one core. It wasn't helpful. Any ideas? I think problem in win 7 64 bit release for this hardware. Because this problem only with E5620. I' ll try to install 32 bit tomorrow, but I'm not sure that this will help: I must to sell unit exactly with 64 bit Win 7 Pro.

With best regards, Alexandr.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Edward_Z_Intel
Employee

Check if it's related to Errata # 24 in http://download.intel.com/support/motherboards/server/s5520sc/sb/e68106011_s5520sc_msu_2010_07.pdf Specification update [PDF]. Make sure both NIC links are up during the installation. After installation completes, update to latest NIC driver immediately. Also see Errata # 30 when installing latest NIC driver.

0 Kudos