Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage, and Intel® Xeon® Processors
4784 Discussions

S7200AP Bringup

MJadu
Beginner

I am new to this particular process, but "other duties as assigned..."

I have what looks like an H2000G chassis with four S7200AP nodes. The nodes each have RMMs (Lite) installed, two USB ports, and two RJ45s. The chassis has four drive caddies, which I can install SSDs into.

How do I bring these up? Via IPMI or similar? I must admit, I'm accustomed to servers having some kind of video output...

I'm suspicious that I'm missing something significant here. A pointer to a relevant manual, tutorial, guide, or similar would be welcome.

Many thanks,

Matt

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Emeth_O_Intel

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Intel Server Support.

Please check the following guide in order to Configure the Baseboard Management Controller (BMC) for Remote Monitoring and Control for Intel® Server Boards and Intel® Server Systems:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000007913/server-products.html

https://www.intel.co.uk/content/www/uk/en/support/articles/000031303/server-products/server-boards.html?erpm_id=5940112

https://www.intel.com/content/dam/support/us/en/documents/server-products/intel-rmm4-ibmc-userguide.pdf

Please let me know if this guide helps you in order to verify the information.

If you have more questions do not hesitate and let me know and I will be more than happy to assist you.

Regards,

Emeth O.

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

0 Kudos
Emeth_O_Intel

Hi, 

I am following up on your case in order to verify if you still need help with this case. 

If so, please do not hesitate and contact us back and we will be more than happy to assist you. 

Regards, 

Emeth O. 

0 Kudos
MJadu
Beginner

Hi Emeth,

Thank you. I think I've worked through a few things.

1. I've managed to find a vendor with some of the video cables (that have been end-of-lifed) for the on-board video header. That will help.
  2. I found a graphics card that can fit the blade; that was harder than expected, but will also help.
  3. I remain unclear whether the default IPMI listening interface of 0.0.0.0 means that it will listen to anything, or if it means I have to be able to configure it via the BIOS before proceeding. (I should know that. I could google it. I just haven't yet.) Either way, because this is an "other duties as assigned" challenge, I'm working outside of prior experience on this.

Either way, I believe I have the pieces I need to bring up a blade, plug in a display, and proceed. I'll report back here later this week for purposes of archiving my answers.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Emeth_O_Intel

Hi,

Well, I am very glad to see that you have a workaround about this implementation.

Please let me know if I can help you with something else, and I will be more than happy to assist you.

if you do not have more questions, let me know as well.

Have a wonderful day.

Regards,

Emeth O.

0 Kudos
Emeth_O_Intel

Hi,

I am following up your case in order to verify if this implementation is up and running?

If you have more questions do not hesitate and let me know and I will be more than happy to assist you.

Have a great day.

Regards,

Emeth O.

0 Kudos
Emeth_O_Intel

Hi,

I was following up on your thread in order to verify the results, moreover, I have not seen any activity recently.

I am going to proceed and close this thread. If you have more questions do not hesitate and contact us back and we will be more than happy to assist you.

Have a wonderful day.

Best Regards,

Emeth O.

0 Kudos
MJadu
Beginner

Hi Emeth,

I appreciate the follow-up. The machines are somewhere I am not, and so my initial round of setup and integration (which requires travel) was, for the reasons described above, not a trip where I could work on the Phi. (Or, where I learned things about the Phi chassis that I had.)

However, we'll be working on it again soon, and believe we have what we need. I will follow up here when I get back to the machine, and report on my experience.

Again, I appreciate you keeping an eye on this thread. I'll make a point to update it when I have more to report.

Yours,

M

0 Kudos
Emeth_O_Intel

Hi,

Thank you so much for replying back.

Please if you have more questions, do not hesitate and contact us back and we will be more than happy to assist you.

Have a wonderful day.

Regards,

Emeth O.

0 Kudos