Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage, and Intel® Xeon® Processors
4775 Discussions

SCCM 2007 SP1, GoDaddy certs and SCS Servers

SWood7
Novice

During my planning to get ready for SCCM 2007 SP1, I've noticed that the process to request an external cert (in my case, GoDaddy), SCCM requires us to tie the SCCM OOB service point server to the cert. What if my Intel SCS server is on another box? Will it matter? Should I consider putting SCS on the same box as my SCCM OOB service point?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Matthew_R_Intel
Employee

Although proper procedure would be to have a cert created for the host name & FQDN of the SCCM OOB, as long as the domain name stayed the same you should be fine. I have that same scenario running in my development environments. Just export it with the private key and use it within "Site Database"-> "Site Manager" -> Site server Name -> "Site Settings" -> "Component Configuration" -> "Out of Band Management" configuration setting as normal.

Matt Royer

0 Kudos
SWood7
Novice

Matt,

Thanks for the input. After much thought, I found it wouldn't be a problem to 'lock' it on one server name. I've been lucky enough to get my hands on a new HP system which I can use for the OOB service point. However, it is good to know that if I decide to move things around I shouldn't be penalized.

0 Kudos