Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage, and Intel® Xeon® Processors
4778 Discussions

SNMP Traps from BMC console

lbula
Beginner

Hi Support,

We are using intel server board S2600WT with the BMC configuration.

In the BMC setup we can see that there is possibility to send some SNMP traps to external server.

Can we install any SNMP manager and receive those traps properly ? Do you have any MIB database for the OID's that can be send from BMC ?

Br,

0 Kudos
14 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello lukintel,

Thank you for contacting Intel Technical Support.

We are checking on the setup that you are attempting to create and will get back in contact with you as soon as possible.

Thank you,

Franklin S._Intel
0 Kudos
lbula
Beginner

Hello Support,

Any update on the SNMP funcionality ?

Thanks,

Br,

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello lukintel,

Please check Intel® SNMP Subagent Stand-Alone Intel® Server Management Utility which can be downloaded from https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26989/Intel-SNMP-Subagent-Stand-Alone-Intel-Server-Management-Utility https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26989/Intel-SNMP-Subagent-Stand-Alone-Intel-Server-Management-Utility

The downloaded .zip file contains a Linux_Subagent\mibs folder and there you can find the basebrd7_v5.mib file. Let us know if you need additional help.

Thank you,

Franklin S._Intel

0 Kudos
lbula
Beginner

Hi,

Thanks for the MIB's but looks that they are not working on my serwer.

Please find attached screen where we received SNMP TRAP on the PC trap receiver. How can we translate this MIB on Yelow ? Why it is not in MIB database ?

Br,

0 Kudos
lbula
Beginner

Hi Support,

Also, i have one more question related to SNMP. From the Intel SNMP Subagent documentatnion it tells that to use SNMP on the server we should install SNMP Agent on the manager server (windows or linux).

But with our configuration we cannot install this additional feature and without this we are received some SNMP traps when destination is set in BMC Configuration (Alert->Trap configuration).

What are those mibs ? Can we translate tchem to the readable format ?

Thanks,

Br,

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello lukintel,

I will do additional research on my end about that particular trap that you received and I am also going to check if there is a more up to date MIB database.

Thank you,

Franklin S._Intel

0 Kudos
lbula
Beginner

Hello Support,

Did You find any information regarding received trap ?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello lukintel,

Unfortunately I do not have further information yet but I will continue to research and get back in contact with you as soon as possible.

Thank you,

Franklin S._Intel
0 Kudos
lbula
Beginner

Hello Support,

Any update on this ? What are the traps that are send from BMC ? Do we have some MIB's for this traps ?

Please check.

Br,

0 Kudos
lbula
Beginner

Hi Support,

Do You have any update ?

Br,

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Lukasz,

Sorry for the long delay on providing an update.

First strongly recommend giving a try to iReasoning MIB Browser software. This SNMP monitoring application has been tested by Intel and we recommend it as a 3rd party software for SNMP monitoring.

It can be downloaded from the following website:

http://www.ireasoning.com/download.shtml http://www.ireasoning.com/download.shtml

Take into account that this is a 3rd party software and is not supported by Intel but we have tested it and know that it works with our boards and products.

In regards to the snapshot provided by you, we would need to also check against a syslog report in order to understand better what occurred when the OID was generated.

Thank you,

Franklin S._Intel.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Lukasz,

Where you able to try iReasoning MIB browser? You could use it in addition to the software you are currently using and check the trap's description there. After this, as mentioned before, we could check SEL for the event.

Thank you,

FranklinS._Intel

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Lukasz,

Were you able to try our suggestions? Let us know if you need additional help.

Thank you,

FranklinS._Intel
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Lukasz,

Let us know if you need anything else or if you were able to resolve your issue.,

Thank you,

FranklinS._Intel
0 Kudos