Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage, and Intel® Xeon® Processors
4762 Discussions

SR2400 with SE7520JR2 mobo, SCSI to SATA conversion?

JLeBl1
Beginner

As the title suggests, I have a SR2400 server chassis with a SE7520JR2 motherboard. This has the original scsi configuration that comes with the server. I've noticed kits to swap out the backplane and make it SATA ready. We repurpose old servers at NAS boxes to save money and was wondering if this is possible with what I have? I'm thinking i'd need a 3rd party RAID card to get all 6 drives working to replace the Adaptec SCSI riser card to get this working. Any insights would be appreciated!

Edit: Doing further research, we might have to also buy the RAID card on ebay, just read a Tested Hardware and Operating Systems List document from Intel for the SE7520JR2 and all the cards listed are fairly old. Cheap buys on ebay, though so it'll save that much more money.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Daniel_O_Intel
Employee

If you can find anyone selling the A2400SATAKIT or the A2400SATAKIT2, that should be all you need.

0 Kudos
JLeBl1
Beginner

Thank goodness for eBay. I did find the kit and have it installed, waiting for the SATA RAID card.

0 Kudos