Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage, and Intel® Xeon® Processors
4761 Discussions

SR2520 server system power supply problem

GKohl2
Beginner

Hi,

I have an SR2520 with two hot-swap power supply modules. One of them is blinking green, the other one is solid amber. The power/sleep led on the front control panel is solid green. The server does not boot. Where can I find any information about this power supplies (the meaning of the led lights) or any idea what could be the problem?

Sorry, the power/sleep led has no light at all, the System Status LED is the solid green (that means normal operation but still no activity from the server). The rest of the LEDs are off too.

Message was edited by: Gabor Kohlrusz

0 Kudos
1 Solution
idata
Employee

Hi,

If the front panel LED is solid green, that means that the server system is healthy in general. Now regarding the power supplies here is the meaning of the LEDs:

- Solid green: Power supply been currently used.

- Blinking green: Power supply on standby mode.

- Amber: Defective or degraded power supply, needs to be replaced.

As a recommendation, test the system with only one power supply on each slot.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
AP16
Valued Contributor III

Amber means that PSU is powered, but not ON, blinking green may be a signal of trouble. Remove that block from server and try to power on.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi,

If the front panel LED is solid green, that means that the server system is healthy in general. Now regarding the power supplies here is the meaning of the LEDs:

- Solid green: Power supply been currently used.

- Blinking green: Power supply on standby mode.

- Amber: Defective or degraded power supply, needs to be replaced.

As a recommendation, test the system with only one power supply on each slot.

0 Kudos
GKohl2
Beginner

Thanks, but I was wrong about the LED lights

Corrected the opening post

0 Kudos