Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage, and Intel® Xeon® Processors
4778 Discussions

SR2625URLX Server

ttom
Novice

Hi,

My SR2625URLX server has a beep code 1-5-4-4 and will not POST. I have tried changing CPUs, RAM, and power supplies. From the other posts I have read, it seems the remaining fault is the PDB. Should look for any other faulty parts? I have ordered a PDB.

In trying with an ATX power supply, I was able to get to a video display so I think the PDB is at fault. Does this seem reasonable?

Tom

0 Kudos
8 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello Tom,

According to the http://www.intel.com/content/dam/support/us/en/documents/motherboards/server/s5520ur/sb/e44031012_s5520ur_s5520urt_tps_r1_9.pdf Technical Product Specification (TPS) The Beep code 1-5-4-4 indicates Power control fault (power good assertion timeout). It is associated to the Power unit – soft power control failure offset sensor.

Regarding the troubleshooting steps you followed, please try replacing the PDB and let us know if issue gets resolved.

Additionally, you could try to resolve this issue by:

1. Removing and reinserting the power supply or power supplies.
  2. If your system supports dual or redundant power supplies, start up your computer using a single power supply.
  3. Update the motherboard system firmware to http://downloadcenter.intel.com/SearchResult.aspx?keyword=server+firmware the latest version.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Regards,

Caesar B.

ttom
Novice

Thanks Cesar,

I have tried all that you suggested already without success. I am waiting for the PDB that has been ordered and will try again. I will let you know what happens.

Tom

idata
Employee

Hello Tom,

Please let us know the results once you replace PDB.

Best regards,

Caesar B.

0 Kudos
ttom
Novice

I will Caesar. I am waiting for purchasing to supply the part.

Thanks again.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Thank you for the update. Feel free to contact us back if further assistance is required.

0 Kudos
ttom
Novice

Hi Caesar,

The PDB was the solution for, now 2, servers. Unfortunately, 1 server passed without a hitch but the other did not in the end.

The second server started with a beep code of 1-5-4-2, which was normal, but by the third restart it was back to 1-5-4-4. I assume there is something that is drawing too much current from the power supplies (I swapped out the power supplies too) causing the PDB to fail. Any ideas?

Thanks for your help.

Tom

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

It would be hard to tell. I would probably test the system with minimum configuration to compare results. Please let us know if this helps.

Regards,

Dave A.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi,

Were you able to test the system with minimum configuration?
0 Kudos