Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage, and Intel® Xeon® Processors

SS4000_e

idata
Employee

Hi

I´m all new on this site !

Unfortunately my ss4000-e was unplugged and not firmly shut down !

Now i can´t read the data - folders not ready ! - its say´s

Is there anyway i can get acces ?? i´m running raid5 on 4 disks

6 Replies
idata
Employee

Jan,

See the http://www.intel.com/support/motherboards/server/ss4000-e/sb/CS-023743.htm TA 847: Loss of system access issue for the SS4000 and see if it applies.

Regards,

John

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi

Thank´s but i didn´t help !

i´m allready running the latest bios !

I´ve buildet a new raid on other disks - so hardware is ok.

What clustersize is used as default ? - building raid 5 i haven´t changed anything , i´m asking because i´ll try to reach the data outside the nas - if there´s no solution inside !.

The program "ENCASE" is my last chance but it will limit the options if i know the clustersize (i´ve been told)

idata
Employee

Jan,

What we know is that md0 is the root partition (operating system). md1 is the data partition.

The chunk size is 64K for Software RAID. (md0 and md1)

The filesystem block size on md0 is 1024. (md0 is ext3 filesystem)

Each filesystem block size on md1 is 4096. (Each share folder on md1 is xfs filesystem)

Regards,

John

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

i´ve got an expert retrieving most of my data out of old discs - got new disc inserted and build a new raid 5 - all works fine - thanks for support !

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

You mentioned you've got an expert who is recovering the data for you. Who is that? I'm not savvy enough to tackle on my own.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Not someone i can connect you with (sorry) a college to my brother working on retrieving data from computers /encrypted files from confiscated items !

The intel nas has failed again and will be replaced in near future with hopefully a Qnap

0 Kudos