Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage, and Intel® Xeon® Processors
4778 Discussions

SSR12MA fan speed under Windows 2003

idata
Employee

I am switching an SSR212MA system from the Linux/DOM to Windows 2003. When this box is running the DOM it would boot up with the fault LED lit up in amber and the fans running at full speed. After the DOM was fully booted the fans would quiet down and the amber light would go off. Unfortunately, this doesn't happen under Windows 2003. When running Windows the amber light and fans are going full blast all the time. Do I have to install some utility on Windows to quiet the fans? I have seen some posts about using the FRU/SDR util and so on but not sure this applies to my box since it works OK with the DOM. The motherboard on the box is an SE7520JR2.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Diego

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Daniel_O_Intel
Employee

If you go back to the DOM, are the fans quiet again? I'd check the SEL on the motherboard - it should tell you why the fans are ramping up. Usually it's some IPMI-style program in the OS interfering with the normal BMC operation

0 Kudos
KAMALANATH_N_Intel

hi,

thanks for the question.

As you said, while running DOM you are observing amber lit with full throttle.Looks like frusdr issues.can u please update with latest FRUSDR by selecting the proper chassis type.

let me know if you need any guidance.

Thanks,

kamal/

0 Kudos