Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage, and Intel® Xeon® Processors
4778 Discussions

Save Configuration Failed

diablo_692
New Contributor I

Recently I successfully created a level 5 RAID array running on my RS2BL040 controller. From within the RAID web console 2 (RWB2), when I select the controller and click on "Save Configuration", I get an error message that says "Save Configuration Failed". Why might that be?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello,

The issue you are describing could be related to remaining metadata on the drives for the RAID 5 you are creating. We recommend running a low level format on the drives you are using even if the drives are brand new. It is also recommended to have the latest firmware on the RAID controller and you can try creating the RAID array from the RAID BIOS just for troubleshooting purposes.

0 Kudos
diablo_692
New Contributor I

Thanks for your reply. To my knowledge, I have the latest f/w running on the RS2BL040 (2.130.393-3027 with ROM MR411.p) and the HDDs are indeed brand new. What got it working for me was simply to choose a different folder in which to save the .cfg file. In RWC2 it was defaulting to the RAID Web Console 2 folder in Program Files for the save location; I chose a different folder, and it saved just fine.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello,

We appreciate the feedback provided on this matter. We are also glad you were able to address the issue.
0 Kudos