Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage, and Intel® Xeon® Processors
4761 Discussions

Server Motherboard S2600GZ embedded raid update?

Wired1979
Beginner

I have server with a S2600GZ motherboard in it. I updated the bios firmware to the latest version, System BIOS - 02.06.0007, Nov 1, 2018.

The firmware for the embedded raid controller is SCU.11.08131348I. is there a newer version? if yes, where can I download it.

if no, then is there a new raid controller card I can purchase that is compatible with this older server?

thanks

0 Kudos
6 Replies
SergioS_Intel
Hello Wired1979, At this moment, there is not a newer firmware version for the Raid controller, you are currently running the latest version. You can check the list of Raid controllers compatiblewith your board here: https://ark.intel.com/content/www/us/en/ark/products/56253/intel-server-board-s2600gz.html Best regards, Sergio S. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Wired1979
Beginner

Sergio,

Thanks for the quick reply.

Let me ask a different question then.

I am trying to do a new install of Ubuntu 18.04 LTS on this older server. Ubuntu or Red Hat do not find the raid drive set up as the boot drive. I am assuming the OS is too new to work with the older firmware on that embedded controller. Is there something else I should be doing get Ubuntu to recognize the raid drive?

thanks

0 Kudos
SergioS_Intel
Hello Wired1979, Ubuntu 18.04 LTS has not been validated for the S2600GZ, you can check the list of compatible operating systems here: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000006983/server-products.html You do recommend test fully compatible operating system. Best regards, Sergio S. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
SergioS_Intel
Hello Wired1979, I am following your case and we would like to know if you need more assistance. Best regards, Sergio S. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
SergioS_Intel
Hello Wired1979, I am following your question and we would like to know if you have more questions. Best regards, Sergio S. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
SergioS_Intel
Hello Wired1979, If you need further help, please contact us back Best regards, Sergio S. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos